Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding a trusted device trouble

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
liketabike
Tutor
Tutor

I don't have handy the model of the system I have now, but it was purchased 4 or 5 years ago.  Having trouble adding a trusted device.  I know there's topics on here that cover this but they either don't work or don't have enough detail.  Set up my system on a cell phone (still have it).  Bought an additional cell phone (diff phone number) 3 months ago, downloaded the app and it worked.  Must've gone through the 2 step verification process, but don't recall.  Traded that new cell phone in a couple weeks ago for different model (same phone number) and want this new device to be trusted.  Go through the steps to trust the new phone but keep getting the error message 'there was a problem trusting this device. try again'.  The six digit code to type in to the new device is sent to the cell phone used to originally set up the system and is a trusted device.  Hopefully this makes sense.  I feel others have had the same problem but can't find a solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@liketabike wrote:

Go through the steps to trust the new phone but keep getting the error message 'there was a problem trusting this device. try again'. 

Hopefully this makes sense.  I feel others have had the same problem but can't find a solution.

It's a bug Arlo is still investigating.  Just select "Don't Trust" for now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@liketabike wrote:

Go through the steps to trust the new phone but keep getting the error message 'there was a problem trusting this device. try again'. 

Hopefully this makes sense.  I feel others have had the same problem but can't find a solution.

It's a bug Arlo is still investigating.  Just select "Don't Trust" for now.

liketabike
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!  That worked.