Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

After logging off and completely shutting down last night...I had hoped that the problems of yesterday would be gone today...but they are not.

I attempted to log on this morning.. Arlo has been loading for over 15 minutes... I still can't get to the log-on screen...and I can not check my SECURITY cameras' overnight activity on a remote property!

Please respond.

Thanks again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't use IE so I can't comment on what version works. Try clearing the browser cache and verify Chrome is up to date.

Edit: just thought of this - Chrome, by default, remains running even if you close the browser. There should be an icon in the system tray for Chrome if so. Exit it or reboot the computer to see if that helps.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's working for me.  I had some minor issues yesterday but logging out and back in and maybe a minute wait had me working.  Where are you located?

Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for responding.  The system is in Westlake, Ohio... I am using Chrome for ARLO....everything worked OK yesterday morning ...this problem occurred in mid-afternoon.

I have screen prints of yesterday and today if needed.

My Internet service seems to be working...I am able to use Explorer for my email with no problems.

(I have even checked that my ISP bill was paid and there are no power outages in the area...)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try IE for Arlo, too.

Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

kWhen I installed the system last summer, I understood that ARLO does not work with  IE9...that's why I installed Chrome.

Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

I logged on with IE9...the load was successful...but the sign-on screen only has ONE text box with the word "Forget?" ...(not two...one for user id, one for password).

I assume this is the text box for the password.

No matter which I enter (user name or password), the message comes up "incorrect ".

Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

I have tried to log into ARLO in both IE9 and again in Chrome...still no success. Here is a blow-by-blow description of now and the last time ARLO worked yesterday.  Hope this helps!

NOW:

In IE9, I can get from the loading to the log-on screen...but that log-on screen has only one text box instead of two. Because the one text box has the word "Forgot?" on the right side, it looks like the box where you would enter your password.

I have entered every password I have...each one comes back with an error message at the top of the screen "Username or password incorrect"

When I try to use Chrome, ARLO is just loading and loading and loading...I never get to the log- on screen.

YESTERDAY :

ARLO worked fine yesterday morning, but ceased to work yesterday afternoon. According to my log:

1:22 p.m. Logged on, got to camera screen, "Getting Status" on camera thumbnails appeared...never got to "Live" icon..waited 4 min. 

1:26 p.m. No change

1:35 p.m..Clicked on "Settings", router was offline. Returned to Camera screen..."devices not connected to Internet".

Returned to "Settings", rebooted router

1:36 p.m. Cameras are back...checked LIVE shots...clicked on "Mode" to reduce sensitivity of one camera due to windy conditions

1:39 p.m. Clicked on "Library" to check for any new motion-detected videos ...VERY LONG WAIT TIME TO GET TO LIBRARY, HAD TO                        REFRESH SCREEN WITH F5. Got into Library.

1:40 p.m. Logged out of ARLO

1:47 p.m. Tried to log back into ARLO...loading...loading...loading every since!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't use IE so I can't comment on what version works. Try clearing the browser cache and verify Chrome is up to date.

Edit: just thought of this - Chrome, by default, remains running even if you close the browser. There should be an icon in the system tray for Chrome if so. Exit it or reboot the computer to see if that helps.

Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

Q 1: Could you please clarify "icon in the system tray" ? I do not use Chrome regularly and am less familiar with it than with IE.

Also, I did note that I am running Chrome version 49.0.2623.112m and the latest version of Chrome is 51.0.2704.84. I no longer receive automatic Chrome updates because I am running Vista. As of April 2016, the Google Chrome blog said Chrome will continue to function on these platforms but will no longer provide updates and security fixes. 

I do not know when that latest version came onboard, but unless it was yesterday afternoon, it should not have affected my ARLO system. 

Q 2: If I wanted to update to the latest version of Chrome, can I do so manually?

Q 3: Would this help the ARLO "loading" issue?

Thanks for your help (again).

Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

Dear jquerdat:

YOU ARE A GENIUS...CLEARING THE CHROME CACHE WORKED!

Kudos, thanks...I am going to celebrate...it's 5 o'clock somewhere !

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Plzhelp wrote:

Q 1: Could you please clarify "icon in the system tray" ? 

The system tray is the right side of the taskbar. There are usually several icons in there as well as an up arrow you can click to see any additional icons that get hidden. Chrome typically has an icon in there someplace - you can look and hover the pointer over the icons to see what they are.

Q 2: If I wanted to update to the latest version of Chrome, can I do so manually?

Very doubtful. Your best bet may be to switch Firefox since it continues to be updated for older OSes. Getting off Vista may also be a good idea.

Q 3: Would this help the ARLO "loading" issue?

As you've posted, the cache is the issue. Updating the browser is always a good idea but other things can always go wrong.

And it's always 5 o'clock somewhere!