Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
TheRealDaali
Star
Star

Ok.  This morning we are a stuck on "Getting Status" (never returns).  However, we are getting notifications on motion detection, but nothing in the library.  We have powered off and reconnected.  I can see traffic moving through the network to and from the device on my network.  This all points to a server-side issue.  

Can we please get some update on what the issue is?

An estimate on recovery time?

And what we are doing to prevent it from happening again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Early yesterday morning, we experienced some technical issues with the Arlo environment and some customers may have been unable to connect to their cameras. We have restored full functionality and you should no longer be experiencing issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
comlab
Guide
Guide

Hi there,

are you on Arlo Android App 2.3.2_16308, if yes check this here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Arlo-Android-App-2-3-2-16308-GETTING-STATUS-BUG/m-p/1256343

I had a similar issues and I was only able to fix it with rollback the app to 2.3.1.

whtciv2k
Star
Star

i'm also having similar issues. it looks like they're having issues. web isn't loading properly and app is saying cannot connect to arlo cloud.

SAM3
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue this morning

TheRealDaali
Star
Star

No sir, Windows and iOS.  Both are not connecting, indicating a server side issue with either my account or more far reaching.

whtciv2k
Star
Star

my cams just came online. confirmed that it was a netgear issue.

whtciv2k
Star
Star

give it a bit more time. it is def a netgear arlo cloud issue. Mine came back online about 20 minutes ago. i'd give it some more time..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Early yesterday morning, we experienced some technical issues with the Arlo environment and some customers may have been unable to connect to their cameras. We have restored full functionality and you should no longer be experiencing issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

JamesC

briancarp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did anyone else have their battery get drained due to outtage yesterday?  Today my battery seems to have gone from ~60% to 4%.  Not sure if it kept trying to connect or what

TheRealDaali
Star
Star

Thank you JamesC!

Any chance we can get a server status page, either here or on the main arlo site?  This would really cut down on the noise and troubleshooting the next time.  Servers are going to go offline at times with reasons outside of your control, it is best practice to have a go to server status page,

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Battery drain shouldn't have been an issue since the cameras were still able to access the base. Turning the base off for an extended time will drain the batteries since the cameras will continue to try to contact the base.

Sometimes restarting the base refreshes the battery status.
Beachtraveler9
Tutor
Tutor

Getting the "getting status" message on one of my cams after installing new batteries. I've synced and it records live, but no motion detection. Yes, my settings are all ok and it's linked to the base station. One of my other cams (not in use presently and is turned OFF) shows active. When I go into that one, I'm getting the same message "getting status". What gives here?

The only camera I have (I have 4) that works properly is the front door camera. However, they are all the same cameras, purchased in the 2 packs from Costco. Is this an ongoing known issue?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Doesn't happen often to me but when it does, I close my browser for a min then reopen or switch to another browser.

A couple of times I\ve had to reboot my base station to clear