Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

Anybody else get a notice in their app about a "limited time offer" of 50% the 9.99 plan so it goes for $4.99/month? There are no details about the offer anywhere else, no details about the plan within the app itself, just gives you the option to activate and asks for your payment information (even though you are already logged in the app). Scam?

65 REPLIES 65
dsump
Tutor
Tutor

I'll try that now.

dsump
Tutor
Tutor

Did you reinstall the app and received the offer in the app or did you get an email?

Pqle
Guide
Guide
I deleted the app from my iPhone and reinstalled yesterday night. The offer showed up in the app this morning.
bluegirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

uninstall/reinstall didn't work 

Lawenforcer
Guide
Guide
Tried that no luck either... more bs
HTSInc
Star
Star
Just uninstalled on Android device and loaded onto iPhone instead.

Will reinstall on Android tomorrow, wait a day and report if and when I get the offer again from either device.
dsump
Tutor
Tutor

It worked!!! When I woke up this morning the offer was there after I deleted the app and reinstalled it this morning.

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

BUT we still don't know how long the promotion is for, for how many months they will charge you only 4.99, or did you find out it is for a year?

dsump
Tutor
Tutor

It said at the bottom when I went to enter my CC info that the price was for 12 months.

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

It seems strange the other people who tried to sign up didn't see the offer said it was for 12 months. I wonder if they added it after the outcry? Anybody else see the details of the offer?

HTSInc
Star
Star
Success, (I hope), accidentally unchecked auto renew and my subscription has yet to update (maybe it waits for credit card to be charged).

You won't know it's for 12 months until AFTER you finish payment (see attached photo).
dsump
Tutor
Tutor

Yep, that's what it looked like for me too!!

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

I can confirm it says "cancel anytime. price valid for 12 months" it comes out to 5.36 per month after taxes. Singed up, thanks everyone.

HTSInc
Star
Star

How long before the plan name changed to "special"from of "basic"?

Pqle wrote:
I deleted the Arlo app yesterday. Today I was greeted with the 50% off offer. I signed up and now my subscription in the Arlo app shows “special offer”instead of basic. No sure the duration of the promotion though.

dsump
Tutor
Tutor

Mine was immedately after I paid.  

Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Finally got it..   Deleted app, re-added.  didn't work.  this morning, i logged out and back in and the offer was there.

thanks.

done with this one..

alexdare
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JamesC, is there an estimated date for an official Netgear response and T&C's of the offer? If this is an official offer, getting a response should be quick and painless, no? Or did some rogue programmer throw this in for laughs?

HTSInc
Star
Star

Nth time is a charm...  The last time I thought I placed the order (about 90 minutes ago) my credit card number was stored in the App but the order didn't go through (maybe it was my human error).  So I cleared the cache of the App on my phone, deleted files before uninstalled app (Android Option) rebooted phone, reinstalled app,  logged out of app from all other devices (including computer) and upon entering App (first or 2nd entry)  I was greeted with the $4.99 upgrade offer for the 2nd time today.

This time the order went through, my subsciption immediately changed from Basic to "Special Offer" and most importantly I received an email receipt for my purchase.

My advice, don't assume the order was placed when you first try.  Keep removing the app until you can complete the order and get an immediate confirmation of its placement.  

alexdare
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks HTSInc, unfortunately method did not work on my end. I received the initial offer about a week ago, and have not seen it since. I just tried installing Arlo on an android phone that has never seen the app! No luck!

Customer support has gone silent.

HTSInc
Star
Star

Make sure to log out of ALL devices before you log into the new device.  The pop up may also appear after your 2nd or thrid entry into the app (but then again, it may not)....  After days of not working for me, today I was able to get the offer twice on my original device so I hope the steps described in my previous posts (deleteing cache, etc.) will work for you.  Good Luck

alexdare wrote:

Thanks HTSInc, unfortunately method did not work on my end. I received the initial offer about a week ago, and have not seen it since. I just tried installing Arlo on an android phone that has never seen the app! No luck!

Customer support has gone silent.

bluegirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm willing to try ONCE more. I had deleted app from my iPhone then reinstalled and it didn't work. Does iPhone has "cache"? if so, how to get rid of it? 

and also, is the $4.99 discount price for the whole year, or just one month, or until the subscriptions ends, or what?

Thanks. 

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

This was answered already 3 times in this thread, in this very page. Just scroll up.

Pqle
Guide
Guide
“Special” showed up immediately after I completed payment.
drbaltz
Tutor
Tutor

Sounds like the ones that signed up and got charged approriately are lucky.  I signed up for the $4.99 plan, then it charged me for $9.99 and it took two weeks to get my money back.  Arlo customer support is AWFUL.  Case #: 29384462 is still open and no one can confirm my refund or if my subscription is for longer than a month.  The whole thing is a joke.  Netgear really rolled this out like crap and anyone who works for them is oblivious to what the hell is going on.  See attached screenshots on the confusion.

drbaltz
Tutor
Tutor

2nd screenshot with wrong price showing.