Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Premier plan not price advertised

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Peachey
Aspirant
Aspirant

So last week I ws doing some research and found Arlo cameras, found they had resonalbe premier plans, etc.. So I went out and made the $1000 investment in Arlo Pro cameras for around the outside of the house, everything is working great! So today I decided to play around with the settings and wanted to upgrade, now! when I go to the website, I click so I am on the Canadian side, and I see the Premier plan is $99 awesome, that is what I seen BEFORE I purchased the cameras and was expecting to see that price, but to my surprise I see a price of $129 for the year. 

So I called Netgear ( To just realize it was a 48 minute LONG DISTANCE phone call, which the lady had me on Hold for damn near the entire call. For fack sakes.. So I basically get told that the $99 price I see as  canadian logged in customer is actually an american USD price, and the $129 is the supposely exchanged rate.. What bogus misleading bull**bleep**, no where on your site does it say for canadians its $129 to upgrade our accounts.

I almost want to go outside and take the cameras down and return the damn things..

This is misleading advertisment, and needs to be address!! 

5 REPLIES 5
Peachey
Aspirant
Aspirant

http://www.arlo.com/en-ca/products/subscription-plans.aspx

Shows $99, yet my account shows $129. If you go to the UK site it shows Euro, so how am I supposed to know these are in USD funds... ?? Very misleading and false advertisment. How has no one caught this before now? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Peachey,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've escalated this to product management and requested the pricing to be updated to reflect CAD as is shown here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

JamesC

Peachey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Customers looking to buy a product dont usually look through FAQ unless they are having an issue.. I wasnt having an issue, your website clearly stated one price, but once I bought it, set it up, used it for 2 weeks and then decided to look into upgrading my subscription did I notice the difference when logged into my account. This is false advertisment is it not?

Peachey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is there NO 800 number for canada? I had to call Calafornia from Ontario Canada, your agent wasted 48 minutes of my time cause no one knew what to do, cause you all just read from scripts and are mindless robots told to tell customers one thing and one thing only..  asked to speak to a supervisor, and didnt end up getting to speak with one.

Is this a stratgic support play so less people call in?

Like even if I upgrade my subscriptipn and if I have a problem its still going to cost me, to call you cause I have to call outside of canada, which is long distance. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Peachey,

I apologize for the poor experience. The website has undergone several changes recently and this could have occurred in error. As mentioned above, I've escalated this information to the product management team for clarification and have suggested the pricing on the website be changed to better reflect the values Canadian users will see when purchasing from the mobile app or web client.

JamesC