Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

50% off premier subscription plan??

Discussion stats
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

Anybody else get a notice in their app about a "limited time offer" of 50% the 9.99 plan so it goes for $4.99/month? There are no details about the offer anywhere else, no details about the plan within the app itself, just gives you the option to activate and asks for your payment information (even though you are already logged in the app). Scam?

65 REPLIES 65
Pqle
Guide
Guide
I got the same offer yesterday when I opened my Arlo app. The offer seemed too good to be true so I just closed it. I wish someone from Netgear would let us know it the offer was legitimate.
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

It just seems so weird it is not mentioned in any of their social media or official website, and also that they ask for cc info when they have it on file?

HTSInc
Star
Star

The offer does appear to be true and I went   as far as I could before entering my credit card number.  What is unclear (and would be helpful to know from Netgear) is if the 4.99 fee remains in tact for an entire year or just the first 30 days. (sort of like a trial)...

k2gic
Guide
Guide

Yes yesterday I also received a notice on my Iphone for an offert 50% off at $4.99/Month for Premier Plan

I applied from my I phone, typed in all the credit card information and everything else they asked.

there was no entry for emai and I thought it was strange. I sumit it and never got any comfermation. 

I could not find that offert again. 

HTSInc
Star
Star

k2gic         Log into your Arlo App (on mobile or website) go to settings and look Current Subscription and Plan, has the plan changed there?

k2gic
Guide
Guide

I just looked again and my account still shows Basic Plan

Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just sent them them a message via Facebook page.  there are no details.  How long this price is available? 1 year, 1 month?  until i cancel..     is it legit? 

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

I also tried their twitter and FB and got no reponse either way. If legit, for a security company to put out an offer in this way does not inspire confidence in the rest of their services. You would think they would be more concerned about security since that's their "product".

Good2U
Star
Star

I got the offer twice today.  Like everyone else, I'm confused due to lack of details.  If I could lock in that price for 12 months, or get 50% off the 1 year Premier service, I might sign up and buy some new cameras.  But I'm not spending over $400 to find out the discount is for a month.

Netgear, what gives?

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

2 days later Netgear still hasn't replied to my querie re their limited offer either via FB or Twitter, and I still see nothing in their official website. It is starting to look like this was a phishing scam all along, or sheer incompetence on their part.

Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

i used chat.  got the following info.  supposedly they will be sending email to those that are eligible.

see attached screen print (couldn't figure out how to paste into this)

Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

2nd part of the chat attached.

k2gic
Guide
Guide

I would upgrade my subscription to Premier Plan at the 50% discount $4.99/mo .

I already using 5 original Arlo cameras and I have 3 more I just bought recently that i want to add..I can't find the 50% discount offer anymore .

The upgrade on this web site still shows Premier plan 9.99/Month.

Has anyone upgrade using 50% discount at $4.99/mo. ?

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

Unfortunately even in the chat log a poster pasted they are still not addressing how long the promotion lasts for once you sign up. 4 months? 6? A full year? Why even send out the offer if they don't have it setup properly to address cusotmer concerns?? 

HTSInc
Star
Star
Rep on phone told me one month which makes little sense as it would still be cheaper to go with one year at $99. I am beginning to think that Netgear doesn't monitor the community boards.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic seeking more clarification on this promotion. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Lawenforcer
Guide
Guide

So not only are the Nightvision, Battery Life, Arlo Covers and performance plauguing netgear, now they have decided to antagonize and poke the bear some more! I logged into my arlo acocunt and was greated with a 50% off the upgrade package promo that allows more than 6 cameras and 30 days of recording.. So i clicked on it and it took me to a page that said i needed to log into my acocunt on a computer, which i did. But of course once i did, it wont offer me any special deals. So I am forced to call Netgear, (which was answered by a person in Romania) who could barley understand or speak english (How do i know it was from romainia? Because i hung up on her after hearing enough and she called back and it showed me!) . Of course she says they are aware of this issue but to keep refreshing my page and that the special would magically "Re appear!" Or i could subscribe at the normal rate and that it would be discounted automatically... ( yea right!)  Im not sure why Netgear continues to provide worse customer service at every turn. This is very dissapointing and yet another reason im considering other brands to move my home security to. This is a bait and switch and I will be turning them into the BBB and reviewing this additional issue on as many social sites as i can to warn other people. Unacceptable and shame on you netgear for once again providing HORRIBLE customer service. 

HTSInc
Star
Star
Well based on Chat picture above I definitely would qualify. I am a new customer as of 11/28/17.

I decided to fall on the sword, sign up, see what happens and report to community. Unfortunately I have not gotten the pop-up on my phone app in 2 days now. May have to install app onto another device (or maybe it's tied to my sign in).

Who knows, oh well.....
alexdare
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JamesC, let us know how to sign up for this promotion. I tried to do the offer from the app and it did not work. I chatted with support and the runaround I received from them was disappointing. Thank you

WaltDittrich
Tutor
Tutor

I, too, was greeted with the promotion in the app. I said yes, went through the screens, then set my phone down to get my credit card. When I came back, the promotion was no longer on the screen, and I couldn't get it to come back up. I have called, and I have chatted, but no luck.

I am very distraught about this lack of customer service.

dsump
Tutor
Tutor

I am waiting for this deal as well.  I called customer service and they refused to give me the discount.  I just bought the pro 2 system last week and I am on the basic plan.  I have a 6th camera that I just switch with another camera and go active to inactive when I want to see it.  I do not want to get the premier plan yet because I qualify under their requirements to get this email or app notification.  I just havent gotten it yet, I hope the deal is still getting pushed out to customers.  

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

How can they implement an offer so badly? And why oh why don't they address the issue if it was a mistake? It sends a strong message about their already poor customer service image. 

dsump
Tutor
Tutor

The lady on the phone told me that more emails/app notifications will be sent out again before Christmas, but I don't really believe her.  After the new year, I will just pay for the extra cameras, if I have to, but I will wait.  It does make me mad tht three of my friends got the deal and I didnt.  They told me the $4.99 per month was for a year.

Pqle
Guide
Guide
I deleted the Arlo app yesterday. Today I was greeted with the 50% off offer. I signed up and now my subscription in the Arlo app shows “special offer”instead of basic. No sure the duration of the promotion though.