Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
SheKlaMalt
Tutor
Tutor

I'm getting frustrated.  I purchased a four camera kit.  Three cameras have sync'd, but cannot get the 4th camera to sync.  I have put about 6-8 hours working on this and I want to throw it out the window.  I have removed the batteries about 20 times.  Reinstalled them.  Blue flashes on camera and then shuts off.  Push sync button on base getting solid green light to flash (camera light, 3rd over).  Push sync button on camera within 1 foot, other times two feet until blue light flashes never getting a fast blue on camera like I did on the other 3. 

Tried resetting as suggested in community.  Pushing reset button and sync.

Cannot get this 4th camera to sync.  Please help.

33 REPLIES 33
Wademang
Tutor
Tutor
Yes. I even bought an additional camera and it's still not working. Pretty frustrating. Suggestions?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At this point, you're left with resetting the base.  Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Open and close battery doors. Make sure the power and Internet LEDs are green on the base.  Start fresh using the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  Be sure to olny briefly press the sync button on the base.

If that doesn't work, you should either swap the system at the store or open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom of the desktop version of these pages.

Jman108
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am trying to set up my two camera system and neither camera will sync. I've tried both about 50 times each. And I always take the other about 10 feet away when I do it. Not stoked. Getting ready to return to costco.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Make sure you're only briefly pressing the base sync button. Don't hold it.
Jessicarandall7
Tutor
Tutor
The really pathetic part is that I have been trying to work with Arlo for MONTHS now and still not getting any resolution. They are trying to make me pay for shipping to return a defective camera. I was assured by a tech guy that wouldn't happen. Here I am. Waiting for them to call me back like I was told they would.
AlphaMama
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I have been trying to sync my 8th camera for a couple of months. Finally I got annoyed and contacted Netgear. I was told to send back the camera, which I did. Now I have received another camera, and it will NOT sync either. I love my arlo, I guess I am just getting a bad camera twice? I have sent another email to Netgear to get it resolved. HOPING the next camera will work!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure why you waited months but make sure you're only pressing the base sync button briefly - don't hold it.

Jessicarandall7
Tutor
Tutor
It's been since December and I still do not have resolution for this camera. Arlo customer service had to be the worst I have ever encountered. I'm about to go on a social media blitz. Who sells defunct cameras and doesn't replace them FREE OF CHARGE?? What an awful company. Regret ever buying the cameras.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jessicarandall7,

I apologize for the poor experience. Do you have a case for this issue open with the support team? If so, please provide me with the case number and I will review your case and escalate if needed.

JamesC