Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Unvavailable Try Again Later...starting to get annoyed

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

I know there are other threads on this issue but they seem older. I'm getting this daily it seems like now on my android phone. I just recenlty upgraded to Android 7 (Nougat) but even prior to this I was getting this issue occasionally. When I want to check on my kids playing in my backyard during the day when I'm at work and I'm getting this error, its very frustrating to say the least. This happens more than it doesn't. Even when I try to view on my PC I get "connection failed" when I try to view a camera live feed. 

Is there an update that needs to go out or a firmware update or something? I've been able to deal with the shortcomings of these wireless cameras (video recording lag, battery changes, etc.) because they have been a good supplement to my home security system and my ring doorbell but I'm starting to feel like they can't be counted on any longer. Constant connection issues makes me feel like they may not be recording when they need to be. 

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I think there is another thread on this with the new android sw...

Maybe look for that thread and/or drop and email to Netgear at their Support page ( bottom )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RegDawg,

Are you seeing this issue only when you are at work? It could be a restriction on the work network that is not allowing you to initiate the stream. Other users have experienced this in the past. Do you see this same behavior on your home network or on mobile data with your phone?

JamesC