Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
SheKlaMalt
Tutor
Tutor

I'm getting frustrated.  I purchased a four camera kit.  Three cameras have sync'd, but cannot get the 4th camera to sync.  I have put about 6-8 hours working on this and I want to throw it out the window.  I have removed the batteries about 20 times.  Reinstalled them.  Blue flashes on camera and then shuts off.  Push sync button on base getting solid green light to flash (camera light, 3rd over).  Push sync button on camera within 1 foot, other times two feet until blue light flashes never getting a fast blue on camera like I did on the other 3. 

Tried resetting as suggested in community.  Pushing reset button and sync.

Cannot get this 4th camera to sync.  Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SheKlaMalt,

If after trying all of the troubleshooting steps mentioned by ChristineT you are still experiencing issues syncing your camera please contact the Arlo Support Center for further validation of potential defect. 

JamesC

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The only thing that comes to mind is you may have a bad camera or bad batteries. Yes I know the batteries that came with the new camera are " supposed" to be new but they still could be dead. The fact that the light turns blue and shuts off before going through the fast blue blinking lights sync process is something I have experienced with bad batteries. 

Hope me this helps. 

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning SheKlaMalt,

I am reaching out to you today to see if you needed further assistance with syncing your 4th camera? Showguy is right, if you haven't already done so, you may want to try swapping the batteries from a working camera to see if that resolves the issue. One thing I am curious about is that the camera doesn't give you an indication of the sync status after the LED blinks blue likely indicating power. If after swapping the batteries and attempting to sync again. Can you confirm the LED behavior on the base station along with the camera? The base station's Camera icon LED should be steadily blinking green and the camera should also be steadily/slowly blinking blue indicating each device is in pairing mode. If you still do not see the LED perform another series of rapid blinking (amber or blue) behavior on the camera it is likely an RMA is needed. If the camera begins to blink amber after the initial indication when powering up it means the sync process failed so please try again. If the amber LED behavior persists you should contact support for a possible RMA. If the camera shows a rapid blinking blue LED that indicates a successful sync which you may recall from syncing your other three cameras.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance! We are here to help!

Thank you for your contribution!

Christine

NETGEAR Community Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
SheKlaMalt
Tutor
Tutor

I switched the batteries as suggested and 4th camera is still not syncing with good batteries.  The third camera that I took the batteries out of did sync with the batteries in question.  The bad camera is just flashing a slow steady blue, does not do the rapid blue light to indicate synced.

Please advise what the next step should be.

Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SheKlaMalt,

If after trying all of the troubleshooting steps mentioned by ChristineT you are still experiencing issues syncing your camera please contact the Arlo Support Center for further validation of potential defect. 

JamesC

bradleyking9
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I am having the exact same issue.  I had three cameras sync without issue, and I can't get the fourth one to sync.  Please get back to me immediately via bradley.king9@gmail.com or respond here.  

SheKlaMalt
Tutor
Tutor

My fourth camera ended up being a bad camera and Netgear authorized me to send back at my expense.  Before authorizing, it was necessary to check the batteries in case there was a bad set -- I switched them around, and camera still did not work so it wasn't the batteries.  They also wanted to be sure that I was within the proper distance.  I tried from 6 inches to 3 feet and that did not work.  The camera was sent back per their instructions and new camera was sent right away.  It works great.  Just a bad camera in the four kit package.  

photoscott
Initiate
Initiate

Just to add to the thread (for future reference I guess)... I'm having pretty much the same problem. Bought a 4 camera add-on pack and one refuses to work properly. At first it seemed to sync then it would never do the "fast blink" until I cycle the camera power. It appears connected, Arlo shows a signal strength and battery meter, everything seems normal but there's no video. Any attempt to view live video results in an "request timed out" (or whatever the verbiage is).

I've tried everything suggested on here and I've been having a constant back-and-forth with "support" since last week. The routine seems to be to remove the camera from the system, cycle the power on the base and the camera then resync. From there they suggest turning the power off on everything (modem, router, base, etc) for 5 minutes then starting over. I've already tried the hard-reset on the base station. That should at least let others know what to try or expect to be suggested.

In my case nothing has changed and it's pretty obvious the camera is defective. Had it been the first camera out of the box I probably would have sent the whole thing back and tried another 4-pack, but that's not really an option now.

Unfortunately the support communications are starting to ask for information I gave a week ago. Very frustrating. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

photoscott,

I would like to review your case. Please private message me with your case number.

JamesC

garymartin1959
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi

i am having the same issues with new cameras netgear support are **bleep**e constatnt emails and asking you to do the same thing over and over again wish i had never gone for these a bag of **bleep**e the lot.

photoscott
Initiate
Initiate

A followup to my post is probably warranted.

As I mentioned earlier, of my 8 cameras I had one new one that had a problem. I went through the email support routine which was ok EXCEPT there were a couple of times the support rep(s) hadn't really read through all the previous responses. Not much more than a minor annoyance.

Anyhow... once I got through the first round of support reps the case was elevated to the next support tier, I got my RMA number, sent the camera back and got a new one in return. Shipping was pretty quick too. The new camera synced up perfectly and everything works great.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

good to hear

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

garymartin1959,

I would like to reach out to you to assist further in the issue you are describing. If you could private message me with the case number you have open with support I would be happy to investigate the issue further.

JamesC

Jeeptony
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having exactly the same issue
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jeeptony,

What is the LED behavior on the affected camera when trying to sync?

What is the LED behavior when opening and closing the battery compartment door?

It could be that depleted batteries are keeping the camera from syncing to the base station. Consider installing a fresh set (or a set from a working camera) and try again.

JamesC

Justjam5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue and have attempted all the troubleshooting advice on here.  Even purchased new batteries to no avail.  How do I go about sending this camera back?  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Justjam5,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Terrenb
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem with this cameras first use with new batteries. How do I reach ARLO?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does anyone read these threads before posting or look at the pages presented here?  The answer is in the post just above yours and can also be done by clicking on the Support link at the top here.

Jessicarandall7
Tutor
Tutor
I'm having the same issues. 4th camera will not sync. No blue led or any sign of life.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the batteries are good.  Opening and closing the battery door should turn the blue LED on initially.  If not, you have a bad camera.

Chinhpham
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a same issue. What wrong with the 4th camera. Even blue blink rapidly but still not not sync
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How new is the system?  If it's really not in use yet (or even if it is), a reset of the base, removing all devices in settings, My Devices and starting fresh may be useful.  

Wademang
Tutor
Tutor
I am having a similar situation. I was able to add an arlo q, but unable to add a wireless pro. I go through the syncing process and get a steady blinking blue light that turns into a rapid blink. When I hit finish set up, I do not see the camera. I removed all cameras and powered down the base. Thoughts?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try both the app and a browser - does one work?