Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Greasemunkey
Follower
Follower
I purchased a 4 camera system and installed it and it has worked great for the last 3-4 weeks. Yesterday i checked the cameras and they all said they were offline. After i got home i saw that the base had the power and communication lights illuminated solid green i unplugged the power cord and reinstalled and all was well. Today its happened again. Its not battery and its not range issues. The wifi was still working and verified it on my laptop. My base is plugged directly into my router as per instructions. I have some friends interested in this system for their own homes but until i get this resolved im telling them to hold back.

Whats my next step?
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

By "communication" LED, do you mean the Internet (2nd from left)?  That's good.

For the rest, your home WiFi has no bearing since the cameras and base use their own WiFi that you have no control over.  You can use a WiFi monitoring app on your phone to see the Arlo WiFi which could be a good idea - if it's not present with other signals, that may indicate a bad base.

Also, never totally discount batteries or range since weak batteries and/or wireless interference on the 2.4GHz band can easily be an issue and not necessarily one that's obvious.  

It's possible that a factory reset may straighten things out but check other things out first.  You may want to contact Support using the Support link above to see if they can help.

Edit:  Oh, yeah, power outages can cause this sort of weirdness, too.  Most times the cameras will reconnect but sometimes they don't.  The use of a UPS/battery backup for all networking equipment can help a lot.  You don't need to get crazy - a $100 750VA unit will work fine for many hours.

ASE02
Initiate
Initiate
I've been having the exact same issue with my 4 camera system the past few days. All cameras go offline daily. There is no notification or anything. I've missed a handful of things that should have been recorded and I had no idea my cams were offline. So frustrating. I turn the base off and back on and they reconnect...then they disappear the following day again.

I use a battery backup, so that's not an issue. Cams are less than a month old...batteries are fresh and full. Something weird has definitely been going on lately.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be a bad base.  Use the Support link at the top here and create a trouble ticket.  After additional troubleshooting steps, there could be an RMA.

Lawdg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has there been any resolution to this issue. My cameras have been working fine and just started doing this today. I have rebooted and they come back online. They go back off line a short time later. They have been working fine. My internet is still working and all the lights on the netgear/arlo router are green. I have 3 cameras, 1 being a arlo pro and 2 being regular arlo wireless. The system is less than a month old, all firmware up to date. This is the first issue I have had
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It could?d just be a display issue. Have you tried both the app and a browser?