Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
randvmb
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I started the Arlo app this morning, there was a pop-up that advertised something like "If you upgrade to Smart Premier Annual Plan, you can get 4 Months For Free!"  Like every other pop-up ever, my instinct was to immediately  push the X and close it.  Well, now I'm actually in a place where an upgraded plan makes finanical sense, and of course I can't replicate or find the pop-up or any mention of this promotion.  Live chat has been "connecting to an agent" for 11 minutes now. Can anyone else replicate the pop-up and let me know if its a promo code or a or did I just miss the boat for this promo?

BTW: Uninstalling and reinstalling the app did not recreate the pop-up.

17 REPLIES 17
brh
Master
Master

@randvmb

I don't know how to make the popup come back - maybe call customer support, but these are legitimate offers as I used them in the past. As it is getting near the holiday season, they will probably pop back up again.

Brian

Tinkypears
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got the same thing. I clicked through to purchase and even though the fine print says it will show the correct price in cart, it won't. It just keeps saying 1 month free.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I haven't seen this lately. Are you using the latest app?
Retired_Member
Not applicable

i got the exact same popup for 4 months free and want to use the promotion but don't see how either. hopefully someone can post a screen shot and we can get support to help us.

brh
Master
Master

It just showed up on my app when I opened it, but i didn't go further as I already have a smart subscription.

Brian

randvmb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone! After a couple hours, it popped up again.  Looks like it's for new customers only and it looks like it's still 12 months, but that last 4 of it is "free" as it applies a discount that makes the usual $99 fee, only $76. 

Promocode: 4mofree

Verified and purchased.  Thanks everyone.  Hope this helps someone else.  

dhiller0217
Apprentice
Apprentice
I paid 100 bucks for my subscription and disabled it on every one of my cameras because it is a buggy piece of junk. If i didnt need the subscription for my 6th camera to be active i would trash it all together.
Tinkypears
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that promocode at checkout and even though I choose the Smart Premier, and select annual payment, it still tells me that it doesn't apply to this plan......

Muir
Initiate
Initiate

Having the same issue. Were you able to make it work?

NStrigl
Aspirant
Aspirant
The promo code is „4mofree“ but doesn’t work for me as it apparently requires annual payment of the base plan
veener79
Luminary
Luminary

I got an e-mail today for the promo.  Worked great even though I was all ready paying montly.  It was not only for new customers.  

FireLt40
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got a screenshot I captured on 12/29/2018, I just don't know how to upload it to this thread.

FireLt40
Aspirant
Aspirant

FireLt40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I finally had to convert the scrrenshot to a pdf and upload it that way.  It's attached here.

12/30/2018

I had to contact tech support and explain to them.  I was getting nowhere, so I eventually had to ask for a supervisor.  The supervisor had me send him a screenshot of the 4-Months Free offer.  The next day, another supervisor contacted me and told me to go ahead and upgrade on-line, then send me a screenshot of that.  He would intern refund me money to make my subsription for $79.52, 4-Months Free.  So, that's what I did.  I paid the $99 on-line upgrade and sent them the screenshot.  I am now waiting to hear back from them about the refund.  We'll see.

NStrigl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi dhiller0217,

Do you say that the people/face recognition doesn’t work?
That would be the only reason for me to go with the Premier plan.

Thanks
NStrigl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks FireLt40,

Maybe I am too stupid (or they don’t want them to contact directly) but I can’t find a support email address anywhere on arlo’s webpage.

Can you share the email address?
FireLt40
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have their email address either.  I called the Support line at (408) 638-3750, then pressed 1 for technical support.