Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
BF2018
Tutor
Tutor

A handful of problems have cropped up with the last couple updates. Please look into the following:

1) (Urgent) There is now giant "Alarm" button obscuring my live video! It's right over where I'm trying film, so I can't see if there's anything in the view. I agree with making the Alarm button easily accessible, but why is it at the expense of me seeing out my camera?! Major design fail. It also makes me nervous that I'm going to set that thing off while I'm at work, deafening my family halfway across town....

2) (Urgent) I've lost the ability to rotate the image to "landscape" when viewing live. I can view recorded images in landscape, but not live. Makes it very difficult to see things live. Bug...please fix.

3) The "Schedule" has a bug that causes something to get out of sync. My Schedule indicates that it should be "armed" but the system says it's "disarmed" and doesn't detect anything. What's the point of going on vacation and spying on the cat-sitter if it it never works....

4) Lastly, this "New Idea" form has a bug. My Model # isn't listed among the dropdown menu choices. I have a VMB4000.

35 REPLIES 35
The_Wraith
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have also noticed #3 just now. I have a schedule and several modes defined so at any given point in time SOMETHING is configured to record (I have 10 cameras). But, even though my schedule exists as intended my Mode says "Disarmed" right now. This product should not be considered as a reliable security solution. It's a beta product, at best.

Regards,
The Wraith
OurHattonHome
Star
Star

I too am having the same problem. Been going on for over a week now. Also definitely cannot use Geofencing. because even though all phone associated with that mode are "Out of Zone" the app is saying one is "In Zone" all the time and will never go to the Away Mode as set up in Geofencing.

RoadGlideSouth
Guide
Guide
Schedule mode is not functioning correctly.. Cameras are not arming when schedule is active. This is new problem. and is a recent problem in the last one or two updates. I’ve had my system for a few years and never saw this problem previously. Today’s date is June 9, 2018
JimboPoptart
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem with Schedule not working.  Just started in the last week or so.  Mode Setting on my desktop version says 'Schedule', but on the iphone app, it says 'Disarmed' and the cameras do not record as scheduled.

JimboPoptart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does Netgear ever answer any of these issues ?

salcoor
Tutor
Tutor

I have just noticed the scheduling issue also. It’s been working fine for over a year. And I definitely agree about the alarm button!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has field trial firmware available that may help address the issues being reported in this discussion. If you would like to participate in this field trial, please post a confirmation in this thread and we will escalate your information to the engineering team.

JamesC

veener79
Luminary
Luminary

I am having the same issue with the schedule.  I have to manual change the modes under "Home" to get it showing the right mode.  I am also noticing even when it shows the correct mode it does not alway recording like it should.  At times we have to go to the "Away" mode to get the "home" mode working right again.  

salcoor
Tutor
Tutor
OurHattonHome
Star
Star

Yes please allow us to participate with the beta test of the updated software.

JimboPoptart
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. I'd like to participate if field trial.
veener79
Luminary
Luminary
Hi James, I am up for helping out also.
RoadGlideSouth
Guide
Guide

IOS app Version 2.5.4 appears to fix arming the cameras using the schedule mode.  I do note in the IOS app the “motion character”, when initiating the app during the schedule mode arming time, may not be “dark color” indicating the cameras are armed.  However, if you go to the mode screen, the schedule mode indicates the cameras are armed.  Then, when returning from the mode screen to the device screen, the motion character is dark color indicating cameras are armed.  I verified this tonight with my system regarding the description I’ve provided.  Today is June 11, 2018.  I hope this information helps everyone.

OurHattonHome
Star
Star
Thank you for the input but the issues we reported in this thread is for the Android operating system. But I am glad you posted here if the IOS devices end up having the same issues.
RoadGlideSouth
Guide
Guide

Update on IOS app schedule camera arming problem.  It’s now after midnight and I checked my Arlo system.  The schedule mode now shows the cameras are disarmed when they should be armed.  Whatever is going on with the firmware code appears to disarm the cameras in the schedule mode.  It is June 12, 2018.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@veener79@salcoor@OurHattonHome@JimboPoptart

You have been added to the field trial FW list. You should hear from the engineering team with further instructions within the next couple of days. We appreciate you taking the time!

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

JimboPoptart
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm noticing now that NONE of my other modes will detect motion unless the mode is 'armed'.   Arming individual cameras is not working.  June 12, 2018.

BF2018
Tutor
Tutor

I'm the original poster of this thread and I'm on an IOS device. No Android here. (By the way, updating to IOS app Version 2.5.4 does NOT fix the issue as previously mentioned). Everyone posting here has captured the problem I'm having perfectly. 

My case with the Help Desk has clearly been forgotten about, as she was supposed to return a call to me a week ago: Case# 30179908

JimboPoptart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Dawn,

I have not been contacted by anybody in 2+ weeks about this issue.  Is there supposed to be a field trial going on ?

RoadGlideSouth
Guide
Guide

Hello.  I’m inquiring if you’ve heard anything on your case.  The schedule mode doesn’t function correctly and today’s date is July 9, 2018.  The system version is still 2.5.4 dated June 6, 2018.

salcoor
Tutor
Tutor
I haven’t heard anything at all. Would really like to have my cameras working correctly again.
OurHattonHome
Star
Star
It had been weeks since you posted the available field trial firmware but nothing has been sent to use. What were you doing?!?! Trying to placate us to shut up the complaints of the faculty update to the software?
RoadGlideSouth
Guide
Guide

I just spent about 2 hours on live chat about the schedule problem not working on system version 2.5.4.  I have a case number 40169943.  The chat person had me send him a screenshot of my schedule.  Short story “they’re working on the problem”.  Today’s date July 9 2018.

BF2018
Tutor
Tutor

I've heard nothing. I called tech support again (5th time?), and waited on hold for 2 hours 56 minutes (this seems to be the usual wait time), only to have her tell me that she'd have to escalate the case. She promised to call back within 2 days. I even asked her point blank if she meant it, because everything I'd read online indicated she wouldn't. She assured me she would. No call.....ever. I then got an email 2 weeks later, saying it had been escalated and it asked if I was still having problems. I said I was. Haven't heard anything since. Don't buy this piece of crap, because here's how it will work: You'll spend $300 and it'll work ok for a few months, but then it'll die and tech support will be a 3-hour hold time (long distance phone call) away and it'll never provide resolution. Or, you'll use the tech support Chat function and get someone that tells you that the problem is user errror. They'll all make you do the same "fixes" you read online: reboot, unplug, press the little "reset" hole in the back of the unit. Delete all cameras and re-add them, etc. All tech support seems to be in the Philippines, with no one ever checking back in. The Netgear email link for you to reply to the tech support agent doesn't work. You will then  promptly be sent a "we didn't hear from you so we've closed your case" email. This will go on forever, because they don't want to actually have to refund customers for this crappy product.