Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wire-Free cameras keep going offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rxl001
Follower
Follower

Hi All,

The last month or so, my 5 cameras that I have set up, been geting the error of "Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make usre it's powereed on and connected to the internet"  This been happening maybe once a week now.  Last time I had to reboot the base until by unpluggling.  Previous times after a while they reconnected when I restarted the app.   Today, it looks like I need to reboot the base unit.

I know it is not the batteries as all 5 cameras will not go offline at once, and the batteries I placed in them were placed at different times. In addition, the day before when the cameras were all working, they showed 75% full.

I also know it is not the wifi since all of my other connected devices are working fine.  Also, I don't believe it is the distance of the cameras to the base unit as 2 of the 5 cameras are within 15 feet of it.  The cameras are the VMC-3030 which I believe are the first model of the Arlo.  The hardware is H7 and nothing is coming up for the firmware since I'm guessing the cameras are offline.  

Does any one know what is going on? Having all 5 cameras go offline at once, and then having to reboot the base until to get them back online, is definitely not something that I need to be doing. if I am on vacation, and this happens, then the entire system is useless.

Will be restarting the base until and hopefully that will resolve the issue

2 REPLIES 2
CorinaRegina94
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing. Haven't been able to fix it. Rebooted base, internet, Orbi, removed cameras & still nothing. They may come on for a few seconds to detect motion but don't record or live stream, then immediately go back off line. Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A key may be what the base LEDs are showing. I'd guess that maybe the middle one is either amber (connected to the router but not the servers) or off (not even connected to the router).