Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Dyan
Initiate
Initiate

How do I program the device to monitor and record 24/7?  Also, during night hours Camera #2's  imagine is non existant but Camera #1 has excellent imaging, is it because Camera #1 is focused in on a lit area and #2 is not? Thanks in advance.  Diane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you want 24/7, just select the Armed mode and change the recording time, etc. to your liking.  No need for additional modes or the schedule.

Yes, the amount of available light makes a big difference in video quality, just as it does with your cell phone.  These are tiny camera sensors and the amount of light per pixel can make a huge difference.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you want 24/7, just select the Armed mode and change the recording time, etc. to your liking.  No need for additional modes or the schedule.

Yes, the amount of available light makes a big difference in video quality, just as it does with your cell phone.  These are tiny camera sensors and the amount of light per pixel can make a huge difference.

JaneLopez
Aspirant
Aspirant

What should I set the time for, for it to be 24 hours everyday of the week.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't need a schedule to leave all cameras on all the time.  Just use Armed (or create your own mode with the proper rules) and select it.  Once selected, that mode simply runs all the time.  The schedule just allows fine adjustments of timing and camera choices using multiple modes (one at a time).

JaneLopez
Aspirant
Aspirant

And it just records everything 24 hours a day?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depends on what you mean by that.  It will record ON MOTION DETECTION 24/7.  It won't continuously record or the batteries would be dead in short order.

NtGrHd
Guide
Guide

This is patently absurd, there are plenty of battery powered cameras that record 24/7. You merely purchase and keep on hand spare batteries and a charger all of which is available for the Arlo system, they last longer that one would imagine. These cameras draw so little electricity you would get plenty of usage out of a charge to not make it an inconvenience to replace batteries. The benefits of 24/7 recording far outwiegh any inconvenience. Even allowing for local storage via USB of 24/7 recordings is an easy thing. I'm trying hard not to knock what really is a good system, the recording capabilities and lack of thorough explanatioon in marketing leave a great deal to be desired.

tozuna
Initiate
Initiate

this is ridiculous when you spend $650 on a system and you cant do what is expected all systems do, RECORD! I will be returnig mine as the best buy agent was unclear as what this sytem could do. so when some one is robbing me blind the 2 min of recording is going to do what! NOTHING! BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

So now you're blaming Arlo based on what a salesman said as well as your lack of research and understanding?  Please return it - saves typing by me.