Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot see and streaming

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Monson
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm at the end of my rope - been struggling with this for hours now.
Base set up, account set up, alerts coming thick and fast but I can't actually view anything! I can't stream to adjust viewing - I can't see any of my alerts. I've had well over 30 alerts, yet the video box on the home page shows 0 in the small blue box.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm doing this via the apple app but when i logged in via apple laptop I had the same problem. I'm in the uk btw - ?

At wits end !
9 REPLIES 9
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Monson,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with viewing your new Arlo camera(s). It sounds like you are logging in from an iPhone, is that correct? When you first log into the Arlo app you should see your camera(s) thumbnail where you will see a play icon (grey triangle in a white circle) in the center of the frame. What happens when you tap on it? Is there any error?

You can review the clips captured by motion detection by tapping on the "library icon" that looks like a film strip, located on the bottom of the screen to the right of the "Cameras" icon. Once you get to the library tap on today's date that should be highlighted with a green circle to drill down to the individual clips, tap on a clip you wish to view.

Please let me know if this information helps you or if you need further assistance!

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Monson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Christine thank you for replying.
When I log in from my iPhone I see the camera thumbnail but it is blank apart from a small blue circle with the number 0 in it - no image at all. I press the triangle to play and after a few seconds an error message appears "cannot play try again later" however many alerts I get the number in the blue circle still shows 0.
I am getting alerts to my phone and I can hear the camera click when it's activated.
Under the 'film clip' icon that shows me how many alerts I have, I click on that and a calender appears. There is no circle icon on any day that I can see, it's also not interactive (I cannot click on any of it, it's just static, even when viewed landscape or portrait)
I also cannot get the camera to position, when I click on position mode I get a small spinning circle in the bottom right corner and then an error message telling me the camera cannot connect. The camera has been synced to the BS and is sending me alerts so it's obviously connecting. Bottom line, I just can't get any visuals on my app or via the website on my laptop. Don't know where to go from here.....

Many thanks
victoriagraves
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Christine,

I'm also try to see, when I go to the arlo app on my iphone, and same thing happens in my computer.  When I tap on the camera icon there is not a play etc. it only says how to sync a camera.  When I tap library the calendar doesn't have any day circle and it's not interactive.

Please help, I already installed all the cameras in my store and wouldn't like to have to take them down and return them.  We only have 1.9mbytes of internet speed, is that enough for 4 cameras?  What is the problem?

I called the support number but the indian who answered after taking control of my computer said that he doesn't know.

Please answer thank you,

Victoria

ChristineT wrote:

Good afternoon Monson,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with viewing your new Arlo camera(s). It sounds like you are logging in from an iPhone, is that correct? When you first log into the Arlo app you should see your camera(s) thumbnail where you will see a play icon (grey triangle in a white circle) in the center of the frame. What happens when you tap on it? Is there any error?

You can review the clips captured by motion detection by tapping on the "library icon" that looks like a film strip, located on the bottom of the screen to the right of the "Cameras" icon. Once you get to the library tap on today's date that should be highlighted with a green circle to drill down to the individual clips, tap on a clip you wish to view.

Please let me know if this information helps you or if you need further assistance!

Best Regards,

Christine

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

victoriagraves,

If there is no camera on the cameras screen it sounds like you need to go through the process of syncing the cameras to the base station. For each camera start by pressing and quickly releasing the sync button on the base station so that the camera LED starts to blink green and then press and release the sync button on the camera. If the sync is successful the camera LED will rapidly flash blue and turn off. Repeat this process for each camera you have. If your library has no green circles that means your cameras have not made any recordings, which they will not until they are synced to the base station. To determine if your internet meets the minimum requirements you would need to run a speed test and review the download/upload speeds. For more information on minimum requirements take a look at this article: What are the minimum requirements for installing my Arlo.

Regards,

JamesC

victoriagraves
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, for your answer.  The problem was that the cameras were not correctly sinced . solved that problem. The problem I observe now is that the cameras even thought they are set up for all motion, they take a long time to start filiming after a time frame is finished.  Please help with this.  They couldn't help me over the phone. Thanks a lot!

Viictoria

victoriagraves wrote:

Hi Christine,

I'm also try to see, when I go to the arlo app on my iphone, and same thing happens in my computer.  When I tap on the camera icon there is not a play etc. it only says how to sync a camera.  When I tap library the calendar doesn't have any day circle and it's not interactive.

Please help, I already installed all the cameras in my store and wouldn't like to have to take them down and return them.  We only have 1.9mbytes of internet speed, is that enough for 4 cameras?  What is the problem?

I called the support number but the indian who answered after taking control of my computer said that he doesn't know.

Please answer thank you,

Victoria

ChristineT wrote:

Good afternoon Monson,

Best Regards,

Christine

victoriagraves wrote:

Hi Christine,

Please answer thank you,

Victoria

ChristineT wrote:

Good afternoon Monson,

Best Regards,

Christine

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lag before recording can be due to many things - sensitivity setting (found in Settings, Rules for each camera), exact positioning (seems like the edges of the field of view works better than the middle), the moving object moving across the field of view versus directly towards or away from the camera, etc.  Using the above, re-evaluate how the cameras are positioned to see if you can somehow readjust them to enhance the motion detection/recording.

Tungpha
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't view the video clip from library from my iPhone ( iPhone 7, with latest IOS version)

But I have no problem to view on my computer or download to my iPhone and view it.

What's is going on?

Help.
Tungpha
Aspirant
Aspirant
My wife iPhone also experiencing same problem. Can't play video in library.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the phone - that's worked before.  Also, reinstalling the app is a possibility.