Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

A Number of Problems Since Adding New Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Macnachtan
Initiate
Initiate

I had a single Arlo camera and base station working great.  However I added two more cameras yesterday and each seems to have problems. I upgraded firmware as suggested at install. One camera began to immediately report a low battery, however motion detection and video recording seem to function OK. The other camera detects motion and lights up, sends the notification of motion,  but does not record a video even though it is set to record one for 30 seconds. When I go to the arlo app, it sometimes shows that 1 video has been recorded and I can see the video in preview,  but when I actually click on it, there is nothing recorded there. Now that camera is also showing a low battery. I also can't always get this camera to activate from the app. Always shows a strong wireless signal and is actually the camera closest to the base station. Very frustrating. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you power cycle the base and log out and back into the Arlo site, does it work?  You may need to open and close the battery cover, too.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

After the update, some systems require a reboot via the power button...

If the problem still continues, Then reset the cameras by opening ( and checking proper install ) battery door then close same.

If still NG, you may have to remove the cameras ( SETTINGS> REMOVE DEVICE )

And might as well do a full base reset byt holding in the reset button for 10 secs till the front leds flash.

and then bring cameras back as new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
macnachtan_
Tutor
Tutor

I rebooted the base station via the app last night and tried the other steps that you mentioned following that. I had not rebooted the base station via the power button. Will that make a difference? 

I am the OP, even though the username may differ slightly.

macnachtan_
Tutor
Tutor

Also, I just noted, now that I am viewing things through the website rather than the Android app, that on the "Settings" screen for the camera that I am having so much trouble with Camera Positioning and Motion Detection Test are both showing up as "Busy" and I can alter their state. AGain, both problem cameras have low battery indicators, but the other one seems to be working fine now otherwise. It does not have the two "Busy" notices.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you power cycle the base and log out and back into the Arlo site, does it work?  You may need to open and close the battery cover, too.

macnachtan_
Tutor
Tutor

After opening and closing the battery doors on all cameras, and several re-boots of the base, everything now seems to be working correctly. The battery life is now showing up as nearly full too.

Thanks all for the help.