Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

The new version solve some problems but give us at least one new: It crash everytime I try to press the mode tap. Are some of you other experience this?

I have deleted version 2.7.2 and reinstalled it, but the same thing happens. Has Android 8 in a Samsung Galaxy S7.

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

A new version are released; 2.7.3_25566.  Tab mode is now available again.  Realesed 20.03.2019.

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
Divvydave
Star
Star
I noticed my cameras stopped detecting and alerting when they were scheduled to do so. Checked modes on app and it crashed. Crashes every time. I've restarted handset, reinstalled app. I can only view modes in Web console, but you can't adjust geofencing there.

I discovered a workaround where using the Web app if I switch mode away from schedules I can now access modes in the app. If I use schedules or use it within geofencing it breaks the app again. I've tried recreating schedules, the problem comes back with a brand new schedule. The problem must be to do with the schedule mode.

Android arlo app version 2.7.2. _25500
ANDROID version 9.0.0.168 EMUI
Phone Huawei P20 pro
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No such problem here. Reboot your phone and reinstall the app.

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@jguerdat wrote:

No such problem here. Reboot your phone and reinstall the app.

I have done that twice...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Running the same exact hw and os version... no issue at all

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@TomMac wrote:

Running the same exact hw and os version... no issue at all

Hmm... Strange... I can open the app and look at the devices and the library, but not the modes. Running 2.7.2_25500.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

The mode access crashes on the phone app happen since the last app update on the 14th. It does not even work for me to take it off schedule in the web app. That happens in the evening only. During the day the mode access works fine, only crashes the app in the evening. Go figure...another EPIC fail from Arlo Trainwreck Labs. And no, it's not just my LG G6, my wife's Galaxy S7 Active does exactly the same. So before any Arlo Super Smart employee tries to blame my phones or contact support, forget it! It is YOU not the customers!

m_in_oregon2003
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installed 6 camera (wireless) system today. Same problem on my Galaxy tablet. Can't even load app on my phone. Reset base station and Mode app crashes went away for a few hours ( after I resynced all of the cameras). 

I have the VMS3630B-100NAS kit. I have noticed that this number also comes with a different base station, but mine is the VMB3500 which the automated system would not let me enter in the description. Did all the firmware updates.....

This system- hardware and software has so many issues.

Sairdie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I have an Arlo Pro 2 and the mode function was working on the app, now it's not showing at all. I've reset the base station with no luck. I'm running it on a Samsung phone and have just checked, there are no updates for the software of the phone or the app. How do I get access back so I can access mode?
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you tried to see if the mode feature appears when using the web browser?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some folks have been reporting Mode tab problems with the most recent Android app. It doesn't happen here but if yours is giving problems, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

dacosse
Initiate
Initiate

I am experiencing the same issue with the application crashing whenever accessing Mode, after updating to the latest version 2.7.2_25500. I am using an Android Note 5 with OS version 7.

Restarting the device, or reinstalling the application does not resolve the issue. 

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary
I have opened a a case now, then we have to see...

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary
I have a Samsung. The Thanksgiving update was the one that broke the functioning of the mode for the Arlo app. I forget which update it was, but one of the recent ones this year did fix the issue but not entirely. I then started having problems with notifications not occurring even though the mode was finally working Also I have not done the latest update because I'm wary of doing updates to the app now.

Here's what I sort of figured out. It seemed that giving the app phone privileges was the trigger to get everything to work. If you're okay giving Arlo permissions to control your phone, that seemed to make things work fairly smoothly. If you're okay with that, you can just leave it that way . But I'm not okay with the app having phone permissions. I did figure out that I could give Arlo phone permissions, which would make everything work okay. Then I would go back and remove the phone permissions, and everything so far has seemed to be working still. Maybe trying that might work for you.

Again just please note that I have not done the most recent app update, which could break everything all over again.
g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
Same problem here. Pixel XL.
Entire app has been trash since last update. Library won't load sometimes, mode tab causes crashes.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno why it initially was fine for me but now trying to go to the Mode tab also crashes my app on two devices (Android 8 and 9).

CameraPug
Star
Star

Hello folks,

Here are some issues that I have been experiencing after the latest Feb 14th app update (2.7.2.25500). This is for a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone running the latest version of Android 8.0.0.

1. When the ‘Mode’ tab is selected the app will crash. This happens every time and I have sent the dumps off to the developers through the app.
  2. Notification alerts seem to be taking longer to show up on our two S7 phones. It is as if there was some type of lag introduced with this latest update.
  3. The push to talk button no longer works. When pressed an error message is displayed, after a few minutes, stating that connection failed. This happens on all of the cameras. Current download speeds at the router is 412mbps down and 15mbps up. With the slowest wifi speed of all of the cameras at 45mbps down and 12mbps up.

There are also some outstanding issues that have not been addressed for a while.

1. Triggering the alarm from the app results in a very muted response from the base station. This is a safety issue as it makes the alarm trigger from our phones useless.
  2. Using the scheduling feature works but then the schedule becomes corrupted at times. Updating the schedule to start or end a few minutes past or before midnight seems to help most of the time.
  3. If you set up a rule for camera 1 to trigger camera 2 when motion is detected. Then set up an activity zone for camera 1. When there is motion outside of the activity zone, for camera 1, it will still trigger camera 2 to record.

If anyone has any answers or fixes for these please let me know.

Thanks

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

If anyone has any answers or fixes for these please let me know.

I have the same errors that you refer to in the first few points. Hopeless situation of not being able to turn off or on mode with the mobile app.

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

Email from Arlo:

"My name is P..... from ARLO Level 2 and your case was endorsed to me for call back."

He called me, but I couldn't take the phone right then.  I sent back an email to the case with my contact information, but has since heard nothing. This happened on 19.02.2019.  Sunday (24.02.2019) I sent a reminder on the case.

So here we are now ... without mode in the app!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Sveinolse

I have contacted support for you & they should be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

MoeBaghai
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm using the Arlo app on Android and every time I go to change the mode of the cameras, the app crashes. I cannot arm or disarm my cameras. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and same thing. Any ideas? Thank you. I have the latest update on the app as well.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had intermittent problems like that. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have no idea what would cause this - could be the app or something else.

In the meantime, use a mobile browser for https://arlo.netgear.com. You'll need to set the browser to use the desktop version. Live view won't work due to the lack of Flash but the Mode tab as well as most other things work fine.

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

Update:

Arlo Support called me today 09:30 Norwegian time. There are several who have reported the same error so that they are working on this problem.

Thanks to the support that called back.  Smiley Happy

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Sveinolse

That is great to hear! let us know if you have any further questions.

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS wrote:

@Sveinolse

That is great to hear! let us know if you have any further questions.

I hope this dosn't not take long time. It joins the ranks of many errors in the app, unfortunately.  And as it is now, the app is useless.