Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
anlao44
Tutor
Tutor

I tried to upgrade Arlo Smart subscription to activate more than 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras. There is no upgrade button on iOS client. So, I used Web client Chrome and IE to upgrade and follow on-screen instruction. After the last step to review and confirm the subsciption upgrade, I ran into the orange bar error ontop of the screen with the message "1001 We are sorry, We are unable to change your plan at this time. Please try again now." (See attached screenshot). I attempted serveral times by clicking "try again" and failed at each attempt. My credit card was charged $1 in each failed attempt. I tried with a second credit card and encountered the same problem. Now, my second credit card also got charged.

I called Arlo support line and got the case number created. I'm told it will be escalated to Level-2 Support, but it has been more than 3 days and hasn't been resolved. No reply from Level-2 Support. Only got calls from 1st line support which they can't do much and have limited technical knowledge. 1st line support kept saying Level-2 support hasn't get back to them yet.

Please help if you ran into the similar issue and how did it get resolved. 

42 REPLIES 42
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

anlao44,

I was able to look up and review your open support case. I have requested an update/escalation, an agent should be reaching out to you as soon as possible with a status update.

JamesC

anlao44
Tutor
Tutor

I want to request the solution to the problem not just the update status. I have been getting status updates of getting no-where for more than 3 days. Hope it's understandable.

Hfield
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting the same problem.  I cannot change my subscription plan, I get the same orange bar, I've contacted support and have not heard back.  Can anyone help, please

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. Got to level II support and they wanted to remote into my PC. I did not agree, saying that I did not understand why remoting into my PC would help them solved an obvious e-commerce issue.

Hfield
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't get that.  They have charged my account $10 so far, over several days, and now I've given up unless I can get some help.  I put in a support request, but have never heard back.  It makes me wonder why I keep using their products.  Hopefully you can get some answers.  They have issues with their software.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently investigating reports from a small number of users experiencing this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

anlao44
Tutor
Tutor

I can't wait forever. I have only 2 more weeks left to return the recently purchased Arlo Pro 2 cameras to Amazon and get my money back 100%. Please expedite and resolve the issue.

Flexibility of adding more than 5 cameras to the Arlo system in the future is a joke if ease of upgrading the subscription isn't offered from Arlo. Now, I'm tied up with a 5-cameras system only which I bought a while ago. I can't return it and get my money back anymore.

rwasalaski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting the same things on my end, despite using Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE, 3 different networks AND the Arlo App.  I have (13) Pending, $1 dollar charges, but I'm still "stuck" w/ the Basic Subscription. The Live Chat did not help and nothing yet from Netgear after (3) emails.

kpeace
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not able to upgrade my Subscription to Arlo Smart Premier. I am also not able to CVR to my Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I receive: {0} We are sorry, We are unable to change your plan at this time. Please try again now.

I have tried to make the change from my app on Android as well as from my pc (Edge, Chrome and Firefox)

I opened a ticket with support. They walked me through numerous attempts of stopping forms in all of my browsers.

Added info: I signed up for the 30 day trial of Arlo Smart Premier. That worked great. The trial has ended, but my Suscription says i am still using it. It shows it expires July 13, 2018. I tried to change it to Basic or Elite, none of it works. No matter how I change the Subscription, it always fails with "{0} We are sorry, We are unable to change your plan at this time. Please try again now."

brh
Master
Master

@kpeace

What country are you in?

I am surprised that Customer Support was unable to upgrade your plan over the phone.

Brian

kpeace
Aspirant
Aspirant

USA.  I am still waiting for their higher level of support to call me back.

it is beyond frustrating.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kpeace,

The engineering team is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

steeler560
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unfortunately, this is a large spread issue that Netgear/Arlo don't seem to want to acknowelge.  I'm getting the same issue, except my error message is "14016 We are sorry, We are unable to change your plan at this time. Please try again now."

I've tried Netgear support and they escalated it to Level II and promise a call back...no one ever called.  What I don't understand is that everything was working perfectly until last week.  Now the CVR subscription that I've paid for annually upfront shows no subscription and if I try to uprgade the plan I get the error message above.  Thus, I am stuck at 5 cameras currently with no way to upgrade to the 3 new carmeras I purchased and the continuous recoring feature that I needed and already paid for no longer works.

I've lost all faith in Netgear support after being promised on multiple occasions that someone is going to call me and then they never do.  Others are experiencing the same issues and all I see in the Arlo community boards is some support representative suggesting people disable auto fill and manually type in the billing address and credit card info...did that, and it STILL DOES NOT WORK!?!?!  Going to search other more reliable alternatives to the Arlo security cameras.  

rwasalaski
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did manage to figure out my issue as to the 1001 error ... the name on my NG (Arlo) account did not match exactly the names on the CCs I tried, i. e., it it not have my middle initial! There was nothing to indicate that the names had to match, as prompted for most online CC purchases.

After I added my middle initial, the upgrade worked fine as the added features are great. Good luck others!
steeler560
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have to imagine I'm not the only one experienceing this issue.  

I've had an Arlo system setup and working fine for over a year.  I upgraded one of the Arlo cams in January 2018 to the Arlo Pro 2 and at that time prepaid for the annual Premier upgrade and CVR feature and it was working fine until about the last week of July 2018.  I noticed that the CVR feature was no longer working after we experienced a security issue at the house and there was no continuous recording to go back to look at.  I also happened to add an addition Arlo Pro 2 camera to the system and when I did try to add it I received the error message:

"14016 We are sorry, We are unable to change your plan at this time. Please try again now."

I then noticed that not only did it now allow me to add the CVR feature to the additional Arlo Pro 2 camera but the Premier subscription that I had prepaid for this past January was gone.  The Arlo systmem won't allow me to upgrade the new camera and also DOWNGRADED my plan to a basic subscription rendering 3 of the 8 Arlo cameras I have useles!!!!

I have since contacted Netgear support for Arlo on 5 separate occassions over the past few weeks.  Each time it's an eternal time waiting on hold only to be transfered to a Level II technician who again puts me on hold and advises they will check the status of the issue with a senior Arlo engineer.  The end result is the Level II agent coming back on the line to let me know that it is a known issue and that Arlo engineers will put coming up with a solution high on the priority list and that I can expect an email when the fix is complete.

As the owner of a software development firm, my own company is not immune to technical issues. HOWEVER, our team is expected to work on these issues IMMEDIATELY and they technical issues resolved within hours NOT DAYS OR WEEKS!!!!!!

At this point I am looking at more reliable alternatives to Arlo even if it means hard wiring the system.  The wireless capabilities of the Arlo system means nothing if they can't be counted on to work and Netgear support cannot seem to be able to resolve issues in a timely manner.  I asked the Arlo Level II agent to please refund me the annual subscription that I paid for in advance and cannot even use.  I was told that they would escalate the request to the billing department and that someone would get back to me on what can be done...thus far...NOTHING.

The entire experience and lack of support from Netgear and Arlo has convinced me never to buy a Netgear or Arlo product again.  Buyer beware...the system is nice when it works but between this, cameras randomly going offlne and video quality often times streaming so poorly even on the Arlo Pro 2 cams that the video is usless I know there are far better and reliable alternatives.

steeler560
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo support...WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello steeler560,

Sorry you are encountering this error. Engineering is actively working on this issue and I have added your case to the information engineering currently has. I'll update this thread when I have an ETA.

steeler560
Apprentice
Apprentice

2 days later and STILL no word on when this issue will be resolved.  For the record, it's now been a few weeks!  Absolutely unacceptable that Netgear would allow an issue with something like a security system to go unresolved for more than 24 hours let alone WEEKS!  I'll never buy another Netgear or Arlo product again...the lingering issues and gltiches just aren't worth it...

kte12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had this issue for over a month.

"14016 We are sorry, We are unable to change your plan at this time. Please try again now"

Started when I cancelled the CVR subscription....afterwards, my premiere account got downgraded to basic for some reason. Trying to resubscribe to Premiere and get the error messgage.

This is just sad. I got 6 cameras and want to give Netgear my money.

kstruck
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this issue trying to upgrade to premier and I am charged $1.00 each time I try to upgrade, which is standard I guess but now I have about 20 $1.00 charges on my debit card. I know these will be reversed in 3-5 days but still annoying. It is also annoying that Netgear's phone tech support keeps telling me to try again, and I am charged another buck each time. They insist on walking me through the process each time like I am an idiot. All they tell me is there is a billing issue on their side and to keep trying. 

The code I get is 14016, Sorry we cannot upgrade your subscription plan at this time. Please try again now.

steeler560
Apprentice
Apprentice

Weeks, not days, have gone by and still no word from Netgear or Arlo!  I honestly believe they just don't care.  We had to buy routers and switches for our office and this issue led me to demand from my IT staff to buy anything but Netgear...the complete lack of response and support speaks volumes of the company and its commitment to it's products, especially when you're dealing with something so important as home security.

@kstruck wrote:

I am also having this issue trying to upgrade to premier and I am charged $1.00 each time I try to upgrade, which is standard I guess but now I have about 20 $1.00 charges on my debit card. I know these will be reversed in 3-5 days but still annoying. It is also annoying that Netgear's phone tech support keeps telling me to try again, and I am charged another buck each time. They insist on walking me through the process each time like I am an idiot. All they tell me is there is a billing issue on their side and to keep trying. 

The code I get is 14016, Sorry we cannot upgrade your subscription plan at this time. Please try again now.

junkyardbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have the Arlo Smart Elite Plan which allows for 20 cameras.  I had 16 cameras working, but was unable to connect the additional four cameras.  I contacted customer support and was told we would have to downgrade to the basic plan and then update to the Smart Elite Plan since there had been a recent upgrade in the plan.  There was no problem downgrading to the Basic Plan.  But, during the upgrade process I continously rec'd the error code 14016 We are sorry. We are unable to change your plan at this time. In-the-mean time eleven of my camera stopped working and I was charged a $1 for each time I tried to upgrade the service plan back to the orginial plan (Arlo Smart Elite). I rec'd a Case # and told my case would be esculated to Level 2 support and I would receive a call within24-48 hrs.  I have been awaiting a call for 72 hrs now.  I contacted customer service today and was told there was a malware problem (China IP address).  For $149 they would clean it up.  This lead into a sales pitch; they could provide a two year security protection plan for my computer for only $946.00.  I am again on hold wiht Arlo trying to resolve this problem.  Can anyone provide assistance?  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Anyplace that wants to charge for support is NOT the Arlo support. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. You'll get proper phone numbers and the chat option. Using Google for support numbers gets you bogus sites that Netgear tries to shut down.

The $1 charges are temporaty and will go away. It's just a method of determining that the card you used is valid. Other companies do this, too.

Use the real Arlo support numbers to get this cleared up.

Slange00
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue - encountering the same error code after I added a second camera, my subscription somehow got downgraded to Basic and now I cannot re-subscribe, cannot upgrade the data plans either and get the same error as everyone else above. What's going on?? What is the resolution ETA? Support where are you?