Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KevMo2023
Tutor
Tutor

When were the Arlo Essential Wireless camera VMC2030B-100NAS first released? What is the anticipated EOL? M

When was the Arlo Essential Wireless Door Bell AVD2001B-100NAS first released? What is the anticipated EOL?

I am already feeling burned by the Arlo bait and switch “guaranteed basic plan that never expires free 7 day cloud storage” claim that suddenly is no longer true. Trying to determine how / when it might impact other models.

Thank you 

#VMC2030B
#AVD2001B
#EOL
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The docs say that EOL will be relative to end of production, not the beginning.

KevMo2023
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. So if it’s determined by “end of production”, what is that then for both products? How should I know when they ended / plan to end production on any of their items? Are either of those out of production? Will they be soon? Trying to determine a date / how long they have left before I get similar EOL failure.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KevMo2023 wrote:

So if it’s determined by “end of production”, what is that then for both products? How should I know when they ended / plan to end production on any of their items? 

Those are good questions, but I don't see how anyone can answer them here.  The policy would have been more consumer-friendly if it was a guarantee from the beginning of production.

Also, the policy says "at least four years" after the end of production, so even if you knew the end of production, you wouldn't know when Arlo would make them EOL.

FWIW, The AVD2001 and the Arlo Essential cameras were launched in 2020.  The original Arlo camera (the VMB3030) was launched in 2014, and production ended in 2019.  The Pro was launched in 2016, and the Pro 2 in 2017.  Production must have ended for the Pro in 2019 as well, but likely the Pro 2 production ended in 2020 (perhaps when the Essential was launched).

IMO this is a bigger issue with the Pro 3.  The Pro 3 no longer appears in "compare cameras" at Arlo.com.  Does that mean that the camera is no longer in production?

Sti101
Tutor
Tutor

This is ridiculous. They should be able to come up with a solution such as "grandfathered in". Not just discontinued altogether. They also can't answer when the VMC 2030 cam will be EOL or when it was produced so we can assume 4 years after. I'm trying to decide whether I will stick with ARLO or not...and if I do, I will go with the entry level cams such as VMC 2030 not the most expensive ones. Also, if I do I want to make sure that it will not be EOL in a year or two. 

Can any representative answer these questions?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation