Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired Camera appears to be dead

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jdoughty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, My wired camera was disconnected from power yesterday as I could not get it to reset/reconnect. The LED light has always been on prior to this.  After removing wires from the back and reconnecting, the LED light no longer comes on. I tried the reset button on the back but it did not help. I noticed that if I push the reset button and press the ring button at the same time, the LED will light up for a moment and then go out. Then it it is back to inoperative again. I have 20V AC at the power source. Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any power loss causes the internal battery to discharge. If it completely discharges, you have to connect power again for a bit to allow the battery to charge enough to work. Have you verified that the wires aren't broken and that they are properly connected to the doorbell (insulation isn't under the screw)?

If you use the reset process you also have to remove the doorbell from your account before adding it back.

jdoughty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, yes the wires are clean and connected correctly with no breaks.  Additionally, it has been connected for a couple days and doesn't seem to be charging the internal battery. Is the battery something I can test/replace? Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jdoughty wrote:

Is the battery something I can test/replace?

Unfortunately, no.

jdoughty
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bummer, looks like I will have to replace the unit
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation