Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell dead avd2001

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Booboocraig69
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have done all the recommended things to get my bell working .. have charged for 48hrs and my bell is still dead
9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We need a lot more details. Charging takes ~6-7 hours and turns the LED from red during charging to green when charged. Do you see that?

Booboocraig69
Aspirant
Aspirant
We charged the battery for over 24hrs and have even bought a new battery and charged it … the doorbell still doesn’t work ….
The battery is green after charging we place it in bell (doesn’t light up ) take battery out and when you plug it in it’s back on red
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's normal but it should turn green fairly quickly, maybe in a minute or two.

Anyways, I don't think the battery is the issue. Tell us about the doorbell, process you've used, what you've tried and what you see.

Booboocraig69
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have reset the doorbell and nothing happens … press button on doorbell for 10+ seconds nothing
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to hold the little button for >15 seconds to cause the reset to happen. When you do that, does the ring start flashing on the doorbell button?

Booboocraig69
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have tried holding for 15 seconds and nothing the bell is totally dead
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Booboocraig69 wrote:
Have tried holding for 15 seconds and nothing the bell is totally dead

Is it still under warranty?

Booboocraig69
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hope so it’s a year old
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Booboocraig69 wrote:
Hope so it’s a year old

Warranty is 12 months, so I suggest contacting support ASAP.  Use the options in the app - googling support will likely lead you to a scam support site.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation