Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
aharman
Tutor
Tutor
My doorbell is rather stable normally but when someone rings it it takes ages to connect with the microphone to talk to the person (so much so that the person normally leaves)

Does anyone know a fix for this?

It has a great connection to the WiFi router based on my routers stats. No hub just connected to WiFi directly.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI,

You can try rebooting your router and video doorbell to see if this resolves the issue you are experiencing. 

aharman
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried this and no luck 😞 

how are other peoples doorbells? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

How long does it take for the initial live stream to connect after the doorbell is pressed? and the initiation of the Push to talk feature?

aharman
Tutor
Tutor
The video seems to come through very quickly. It’s just connecting to the microphone to speak.

Not too sure what you mean on push to talk ..
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

How long does it take to connect to the microphone? 10 sec, 30 sec, 1 min?

JesSaying
Initiate
Initiate
There is a significant delay. A minimum of 30 seconds. I'm ready to return and find a better alternative.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JesSaying

Can you provide more detail regarding this? Is this when the doorbell is pressed, initiating a live stream, two-way communication?

Ark010
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the same issue. When the button is pressed on my arlo essential wired doorbell, my phone will get the alert pretty immediately. However, when I answer the call, it takes a solid 10+ seconds to connect to the live feed. Then the two-way communication is delayed about 5 seconds.
I have no hub as it is purely wifi connected, and my router is close to the doorbell.

What to do??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's your upload speed? Who is your ISP? Are there any other wireless devices near the doorbell? What is the house construction?

Rujiroj
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue here. Support centre in India was useless. Basically reboot and change your modem channel. People leave before I even have the chance to speak to them.
SamuraiSi
Initiate
Initiate
  • I have exactly the same issue. The delay makes the system pointless and very frustrating when you can see the person but then it freezes and try’s to reestablish a connection. I usually give up. The idea is great but in reality, the connection issue actually makes the interaction totally useless . If it does ever connect it takes about 20-30s by which time the person has gone. Tried resetting. Tried different ISP. I am on full fibre FTTH. No excuses Arlo. Why are you selling these systems? 
Eric_L
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have the same problem.   I live in the country, I have premium wifi speed with very low latency, router is near my door, it is a wood frame house, and I am not a heavy internet user.  
I’ve read where some people with older homes have difficulty with the voltage of the doorbell transformer- but I haven’t seen anything that ties voltage to the camera delays.  Anyone else?

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation