Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell constantly goes offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LG5291
Aspirant
Aspirant

Set up was breeze but this doorbell will not keep a stable connection. I have to basically do a whole restart for the doorbell to come back online. Sometimes it will come back by itself. I had a sigh of relief when the doorbell held a solid connection for a few hours then it just went offline again. My router is 20 feet from the doorbell. Everything is wired correctly. If I don’t get a solution to this post I will be returning the product and leaving bad reviews everywhere I can and never recommending this product.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you verified the signal strength and quality between your router and doorbell? Are there any other wireless devices that use the 2.4GHz band nearby that could be interfering? A recent poster found that his wireless printer was causing interference with similar results.

LG5291
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Yes I have a strong signal to the device. The router is less than 30 feet away from the doorbell. There are no other devices interfering with the doorbell. Even if I did have a printer or cellphone etc between the router and doorbell, that should not interfere with the signal. I understand that it does interfere but it really shouldn’t, especially in the case of a security camera. I’ve never been in the same room as someone else on their wireless device and either of us have a connectivity issue. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask all troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation