Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Videi Doorbell Wired, Model AVD1001

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LWG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to install.  Everything is wired, but red light stays on and does not read the UPC code or sync to internet.  Call support and they told me unless I was subscribed to a plan, they couldn't help me.  There is no mention of having to subscribed to a plan in order to set up a new device.  Anyone else have this problem?  I am going to the hardware store to pick up a voltage meter.  I am pretty sure there is enough volts.  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LWG wrote:

Call support and they told me unless I was subscribed to a plan, they couldn't help me.  

Something wrong with that, since there is a big catch-22 if you can't onboard the camera.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) in hopes they will escalate for you.

@LWG wrote:

Trying to install.  Everything is wired, but red light stays on and does not read the UPC code or sync to internet. 

Are you saying that you are not hearing a chime when you put the QR code in front of the camera?

Also, make sure you are selecting the wired doorbell (AVD1001) when you on-board, and not the wireless version (AVD2001).

LWG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response to helping me.  I did choose the AVD1001 and do not hear a chime when I put the QR code in front of the camera.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LWG wrote:

Thank you for your response to helping me.  I did choose the AVD1001 and do not hear a chime when I put the QR code in front of the camera.

The "red" status is actually amber.  

Check this info:

First I'd check the transformer voltage.  You can also try putting the power kit in bypass mode as a test (move the switch to the "X" position).

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation