Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video doorbell problem update (since Arlo closed my previous thread)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Floger
Tutor
Tutor

AVD1001 Video Doorbell - using iOS and Android along data from Rogers network.

Firmware - 1.14.3_526_7d9145d_58dd815 

My previous post can be found here since Arlo closed my thread saying it was resolved which was NOT

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Video-Doorbell-black-screen-with-working-audio/m-p...

In a nutshell...purchased the video doorbell. Installed with ease. It worked as advertised for a bit. I then had problems with the unit having a black screen during 'live view'.  My network was fine, my Arlo 2 (2 of them ) were working fine on the same network. Contacted Arlo and they sent me a new one. I installed it. It work for a bit. 

Update (April 24th/20) - the new unit has gone back to doing the same thing as before. Black screen on live view while the other two Arlo 2 cameras are working. It takes FOREVER to connect to live view. Base unit is 15 ft from the doorbell. Wifi is min. 50 mbps. I am returning this unit as it is a piece of junk. Support is not helpful and the return department is useless. Arlo provided a 'prepaid' shipping label or my defective unit which I had to basically force them as they were going to originally make ME pay to return. I called Purolator for pick up and guess what? Arlo's account using that label was not in good standing and will not pick up. I called Arlo April 16th and they said they would email me a new shipping label. It hasn't been emailed. I've been on hold for over 25 minutes today (April 21st) with the previous agent not able to help. Shame on Arlo. If I could return the Arlo 2 cameras, I would. 

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Floger,

It appears your case was escalated. Please refer to your open case with the Arlo Support team for further information on this issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation