Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video doorbell not capturing people at my door.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gordonary
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today is the second day where I've had mail or packages delivered, but my video doorbell failed to detect anyone. The doorbell is literally 1 or 2 feet away from my mailbox.

View from doorbellView from doorbell

It does however, capture me maybe 10 - 15 feet away, and also me going out the front door
IMG_0110.jpegIMG_0111.jpeg

So far the only thing I've done to troubleshoot was reset everything connected to the base station and that did not work. I've adjusted my activity zones, which should have picked them up anyway since they always have. 

This doesn't appear to be limited to the doorbell either, as my above-garage mounted Arlo Pro 3 has failed to capture me backing out of my garage multiple times.

Firmware: 1.14.0.0

Hardware: 1.2

Any ideas on how troubleshoot this?

edit: Looks like the images I uploaded can't be displayed in the post. They're just samples of the distance from the doorbell to the mailbox, and motion that it has been able to detect.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have an active subscription? Any camera newer than a Pro 2 requires that for cloud recording. Check Settings, Subscription to be sure. If you had a trial subscription when you installed the cameras, perhaps the trial period has run out.

Gordonary
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I'm still using the free 3 month trial that came with it. I've only had them for maybe one month and have until March to renew.

Today it seemed to detect people just fine. Just now that it alarms on any motion and when the doorbell was pressed I could only have an audio call, but I'll save those issues for another post.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation