Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why must I always complain?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jghere
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hate it that I only come here to complain about what a pain in the butt these Arlo devices are.  But it's true, so here I am again.

After years of endless frustration with the original Arlo camera system, I upgraded to the Arlo Pro 4 and then added the wired video doorbell.  For a few weeks everything worked fine.  Then the doorbell just quit.  I checked all the wiring and voltages and it was fine.  Now my doorbell doesn't even ring at all!  After forgetting the device, I 'added new device' again.   Had to go thru ALL the ridiculous setup pages about connecting wires and screwing things in before I finally got to the wifi setup and the QR code page. None of that worked.  So, I pressed the tiny rear button to reset the device and AGAIN had to go thru all the unnecessary wiring and mounting pages on the app to get to the QR code again.  Still, no connection.  It asks if the LEDs on the doorbell are flashing. Well, mine are sort of flashing very slowly (2 to 3 second interval).  Didn't matter, there was no chime after showing it the QR code.  The help section does not give advice beyond what I already did.  Game over, man.  WHY would it simply stop working and then fail at a new setup?  Sooo tired of this crap.....

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jghere,

What color is the flashing LED? It sounds like you could be experiencing a power issue (possibly due to transformer voltage).

What do the LED behaviors on my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wired mean?

JamesC

jghere
Apprentice
Apprentice

I checked the voltage and it is 18 vac.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jghere,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation