Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
blp1213
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone having video or recording issues with their video doorbell?  I have made several attempts to try and fix mine as every 2 hours it records a 5 minute and 3 second motion video but there is absolutely no motion.  I have tried to adjust the settings but that does not work, and removing just the motion setting causes it to not record anything.  Furthermore, if I walk outside it does not pick up the movement of my activity, therefore pretty much rendering it useless.  I get the alert and video if someone rings the doorbell, but not if they are just standing there, but the settings are set to pick up people, vehicles, animals, and all motion.  Any help?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

blp1213,

You might try removing and factory resetting the doorbell. After the reset, add it back to your account and test again to see if you experience the same behavior.

How do I reset my Arlo Video Doorbell?

JamesC

blp1213
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion, I have actually tried that 4 times.  Two times i reset it to connect to the arlo base station (it could not find the doorbell, but it picks up the 3 other cameras I have around my home to which one is right next  to the doorbell), and then 2 times to my wifi network.  it connects to the wifi but the ring continues to flash in the white breathe mode and constantly records "motion" but nothing is there.  I woke up yesterday and had 50 notifications of motion recordings and none of them showed anything on them. I have had to turn off all the settings to stop the constant notifications and now I cannot use my doorbell as intended.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

blp1213,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary
I think this Is same issue I have. Rent doorbell will record video and say motion detected when there is none. I keep hearing to lower my sensitivity, but doing that makes the unit not detect anything. Also Zones do boot work (that’s a different thread).
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation