Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell - Smart Notifications Not Working for Animals

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Reproman
Star
Star

I have "Animal" turned off in Smart Notifications, but I keep getting alerted when my resident fox walks past the door, usually in the middle of the night! Curiously, the video saved in the Library correctly identifies an animal, but sends an alert nonetheless. Very annoying when my Echo devices announce "Motion at the front door" while we're trying to sleep. Will try shrinking the activity zone and/or sensitivity, but camera is still not very Smart.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Reproman,

Is this happening every time an animal is detected or is it intermittent?

JamesC

Reproman
Star
Star

Not really sure how to answer your question since I would only know if an animal is detected if I get a notification and a video is recorded. It had been occurring at least once or twice per day over a period of about 10 days when the fox walked by after dark and triggered the notification, which was then labeled as "animal" in the video library. Nothing in the past few days since I further limited the activity zone to exclude the area where the fox typically walked, but it's also possible the fox has not come through the area during that time.

SJohannsen
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yours seems to be smarter than mine. Just installed it this weekend. Have other Arlo cameras. Been fighting with it to keep from catching every car that goes by. Think I have that nailed down. Have yet to get it to announce motion on my Echo device(s) at all though. Think I have everything set right in both apps, Arlo and Arlo skill on Echo. Any tips?

unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary
This is similar issue to me. I have vehicles off just for this camera and I still get them. Zones do not work so I can’t filter them. I keep hearing to lower my sensitivity for motion but then it won’t pickup much of anything.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation