Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Reproman
Star
Star

Anyone having a problem viewing the camera image from the Video Doorbell with an Echo Show 8? When asked to show the front door, my two Echo Show 8 devices consistently time out after about a minute with Alexa stating "the camera is not responding." They do report "activity at the front door" when someone approaches. Curiously, my three Echo Show Gen 2 devices mostly work fine with the Video Doorbell camera with an almost immediate view of the outside. I have submitted a ticket to Arlo support, which has been upgraded to a higher tier for engineering, but the representative told me that despite known concerns with the Video Doorbell and the Echo Show 5, mine was the first complaint regarding the Echo Show 8.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing an issue with using your doorbell with Echo Show devices, try reducing your Arlo Video Doorbell resolution.

You can find this setting by logging in to the Arlo mobile app and navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your doorbell > Video Settings > Video Resolution > 1080sq

JamesC

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Reproman,

I will take a look at your open support ticket and request an update.

JamesC

Gfberg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue, I can view other cameras on the show 8 but not AVD. Just times out with “the camera isn’t responding “. I have disabled and enabled the skill. The AVD shows on the fire stick
mndeutschland
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issues with my video doorbell as described in these posts. How can you look for a solution when a different Arlo representative posted in another thread that the Arlo Video Doorbell does not support the Alexa Echo Show devices and that your company has no plans to support them? All of this is very disappointing and makes me wonder how you plan to stay in business. The video doorbell is one of the most used devices in any home once it is installed. Please clarify the direction your company plans to move into.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mndeutschland,

Alexa integration is supported with Arlo Video Doorbell. Are you using an Echo Show 8 as described by the original poster here or a different Alexa device?

JamesC

mndeutschland
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also using the Echo Show 8. Tried everything from disabling/enabling And rebooting doorbell. Latest firmware installed. My other 3 Arlo cameras connect just fine.
Gfberg
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m trying to use the echo show 8 with AVD.
I don’t have problem showing my arlo q cameras. Fire TV stick 4K works for all my cameras.
whaughton
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an Echo Show 5. Is the doorbell not compatible??
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing an issue with using your doorbell with Echo Show devices, try reducing your Arlo Video Doorbell resolution.

You can find this setting by logging in to the Arlo mobile app and navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your doorbell > Video Settings > Video Resolution > 1080sq

JamesC

Reproman
Star
Star

Thanks. That got my Echo Show 8 working with the video doorbell. Shame it won't work with the higher resolution, but at least it's now functional.

TMF512
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too have an echo show 8 and am experiencing issues connecting to the show. I read the thread and reduced the resolution, however The show still times out and doesn’t connect. Please advise.
daddiomap
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to bring up the video of the doorbell on my Echo Show 8 by reducing the video output to 1080x1080 on the doorbell.
daddiomap
Aspirant
Aspirant
The doorbell will connect to the echo show 8 by reducing the video output to 1080x1080 on the arlo doorbell.
ArloUltra83
Apprentice
Apprentice
Reduce resolution on doorbell and it’s not working for echo show 1 and 5 while other arlo cameras works fine. Just time out and will not respond connecting to arlo video doorbell.
Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Lowering video quality  worked for me.  But something I did notice that others might see as well. 

I had to start a live view of the new resolution before it would start working on either my 1st gen or 5.  

ArloUltra83
Apprentice
Apprentice
I lowered mine down to 720p and still not show live feeds on both my echo1 and 2. I am on latest firmware 1.14.3.0 for doorbell and 1.16.1.3 for my Hub.
ArloUltra83
Apprentice
Apprentice
I lowered mine down to 720p and still not show live feeds on both my echo1 and 5. I am on latest firmware 1.14.3.0 for doorbell and 1.16.1.3 for my Hub.
mrobson
Aspirant
Aspirant

New door bell which was installed yesterday. It will show show up live on our Alexa Show 8.

"Waiting for Arlo" for about 5 seconds and then "Front Door is not Responding". 

I tried 1080, 720 res and removing and re-adding it to Alexa. It gets the motion alerts right away. It seems like it gives up way too easily.

We have 1GB fiber internet and good coverage. 

The app takes ~2 seconds to connect live normally.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation