Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jamie_1862
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all.

I'm looking at whether the Arlo Video doorbell will be suitable for my home. It's new-build house and therefore has a modern chime-box, fully wired.

I've took the cover off the box and it looks to have sets of power inputs, one labelled "AC 220-240V" and the other "Bell Push" (photo attached) - which one (if any!) of the two should I connect my Arlo power kit to?

Also - If I order from Amazon America, will I receive all the bits I need, or should I hold off until July and order from the UK store (there's quite a big price difference - even with postage and tax taken into account!)

Thanks all.

IMG_3966.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jamie_1862,

Arlo Video Doorbells are designed specifically for the regions in which they were purchased. Purchasing a kit from outside your country means the appropriate parts may not be included. When you purchase an Arlo Video Doorbell in Europe, you receive a doorbell transformer in the package. If your current doorbell does not provide 16-24V AC, then you must use the included doorbell transformer. For help installing the transformer, visit How do I use the transformer that came with my Arlo Video Doorbell?.

For more Arlo Video Doorbell information, take a look here:

Arlo Video Doorbell FAQ

How do I install my Arlo Video Doorbell?

If you need further help, contact a local electrician or professional to assist you with installing your Arlo Video Doorbell.

JamesC

Jamie_1862
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response regarding buying out of region - will hold on until the UK unit becomes available.

Still have a question regarding connecting to my door chime.. is anyone able to help? 😊

https://ibb.co/FsCY4vL

IMG_3966.jpg

Mavic850R
Tutor
Tutor

hi, I have the same doorbell chime, this can be made to work with the arlo bell by utilising the 24v transformer arlo provide to power the doorbell and a 24v AC relay which is switched by the bell and operates the original chime.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation