Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
RobB772
Tutor
Tutor

My  video doorbell exhibits very scrambled display. It is hard wired to a 2.5amp transformer, connected to a fiber internet Netgear RBK752 router with 541.06 Mbs download, 542.56 Mbs upload & 1ms ping... Do I have a bad unit?

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RobB772 wrote:

My  video doorbell exhibits very scrambled display. 

Can you post a screenshot?

RobB772
Tutor
Tutor

Screenshot_20230417-174247.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks.  This is usually caused by loss on the wifi connection (or possibly the internet upload to the cloud).

What signal strength are you seeing for the doorbell in the app?

RobB772
Tutor
Tutor

My ARLO VMB5000 base is connected to a Netgear Orbi RBR750 Ethernet (cat 6) which is running Greenlight Fiber with 544.10 Mbs Download, 542.60 Mbs Upload and 3 ms Ping . These values were taken 1 foot from the video doorbell.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RobB772 wrote:

My ARLO VMB5000 base is connected to a Netgear Orbi RBR750 Ethernet (cat 6) which is running Greenlight Fiber with 544.10 Mbs Download, 542.60 Mbs Upload and 3 ms Ping . These values were taken 1 foot from the video doorbell.

So not internet speed for sure.

If the doorbell is connected to the base, then what matters is the wifi signal from the base to the doorbell.  If you have a subscription, then you could move the doorbell to the Orbi wifi, and see if the problem resolves. 

RobB772
Tutor
Tutor

No I didn't. It's getting worse. Now it seems that every time any of my H10 (hardware) detect anything my base goes off-line. This problem makes me regret ever buying into the Arlo system. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation