Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
yoyocallmemj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have the wired doorbell, up to date firmware and all my notifications are on right now as I begin to learn the system. Right now I have vehicles set to on for smart notifications. It is a lot of notifications so I want to turn it off, however, if cars do go past my house in the middle of the night, I want to be able to wake up the next morning and see that activity in my feed. Does that make sense? For example, the other night someone in my neighborhood had their car stolen from their driveway so the police asked everyone to check their cameras to see if they saw any suspicious vehicles between the hours of 2am and 4am. If my vehicle "smart notifications" are set to "off," does this prevent the camera from logging this movement and putting it in my feed? Basically, I do not want to be notified every single time a car drives past my house -- BUT I still want that movement activity to show up in my feed or be recorded somewhere where I can access it if needed. 

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@yoyocallmemj wrote:

If my vehicle "smart notifications" are set to "off," does this prevent the camera from logging this movement and putting it in my feed? 

No.  It suppresses the notification, not the recording.

yoyocallmemj
Aspirant
Aspirant

That’s not how it’s working for me. If I turn off the option to receive smart notifications for vehicles, then not only do those notifications stop, but the activity feed immediately stops recording/storing videos of passing cars. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@yoyocallmemj wrote:

That’s not how it’s working for me. If I turn off the option to receive smart notifications for vehicles, then not only do those notifications stop, but the activity feed immediately stops recording/storing videos of passing cars. 

It's not supposed to work that way.  Perhaps contact support using the app.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) in case they want to follow up.

yoyocallmemj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a hard time getting a hold of a "live" person to assist me. I did chat with someone yesterday who opened a case for me but did not open the case correctly and put something about not being able to use the schedule feature correctly. 

How can I speak to a live person?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@yoyocallmemj wrote:

How can I speak to a live person?

You need a subscription (paid or trial).  Go into the support area of the app, you will find a phone support option there.  It's available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @yoyocallmemj 

Are you still experiencing this behavior with your smart notifications? 

yoyocallmemj
Aspirant
Aspirant

No one could fix it. I returned the doorbell and went with a google nest.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation