Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Quick Reply stops working after few days for languages other than English

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Zwaf
Tutor
Tutor

Dear all,

I'm having an annoying issue with Quick Reply that doesn't work in my native Dutch language, on my Arlo Video Doorbell AVD1001.I have made a 1-minute video of my problem for your convenience which I put on Google Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/A3TaRj7QYNURqpnVA

Written explanation of issue:
It's about the Quick Reply that doesn't work in my native language Dutch. Whenever I select a Quick Reply option when there is someone at the door, there is no audio coming out of the doorbell. This is very annoying because if there is someone at the door, I select the Quick Reply to respond to this person (such as "leave package outside" in Dutch), but then the person leaves again. It took me quite some time to find out it's because the Quick Reply doesn't work in Dutch. So the person at the door doesn't hear anything and will leave!

What I've already tried:

1. When I change the Quick Reply language to English. It does work. So, in English it works. If I then change back to Dutch, it works for 1 or 2 more days (or whatever triggers it to stop) but then stops working again. It's not predictable when the Quick Reply stops working.
  2. I'm using as phone to answer the call a Google Pixel 3 with Android 11 (newest Android operating system) and have also tried with another phone. Same problem.
  3. The doorbell is 2 meters away from the wireless access point. Signal quality is excellent (100%). Speaking through the doorbell and listening works perfectly. It's purely the Quick Reply that doesn't work in Dutch.
  4. I have done a factory reset of the doorbell to hopefully solve the problem. I held the reset-button for 5 seconds, after which I did the setup process through the Arlo app all over again.
  5. Made sure I have the latest Arlo app installed. The app is up to date.
  6. Checked for Firmware updates on the doorbell. The firmware is up to date.
  7. I have reinstalled the Arlo App on both phones. Also cleared the Android app cache/storage.

What can I do to get the Quick Reply to keep working in a stable manner?

Can others reproduce this problem on their doorbell? It's important to keep it in another language for a couple days, after switching from English.
Kind regards

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Zwaf,

Thank you for the details. I will raise this with the development team and provide more information once I know more.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Zwaf,

Arlo mobile app 3.2 is now available for download from the app store. Please let us know if you're still experiencing this issue when updating to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app.

Thanks,

JamesC

Zwaf
Tutor
Tutor

Dear James,

I am on Android v3.2_28350 (9 april), which also appears to be the latest version in Google Play.

This version does not resolve the issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

zwaf,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this topic.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation