Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Product suggestion - flags

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DS927
Aspirant
Aspirant
Product suggestion - build a feature to be able to ignore the waving of the American flag. That should be pretty easy to do and would allow us to proud display our flag and keep our doorbell turned on.
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or create an activity zone that excludes the flag.

DS927
Aspirant
Aspirant

That may work for some.  Unfortunately, when a flag waves it can float into the area watched.  In my case, it floats into the area that is watched for the door and steps, so my options are to 1) turn off the doorbell, 2) don't put up the flags, 3) put the flags on the side or back of the house, or 4) put up with the continuous notifications.  I already have a restricted zone for the door, so to put a smaller one to avoid the flag means that the doorbell pretty much doesn't work except maybe when the bell is rung.  I figure if they can figure out whether it is human or animal, they probably can determine if it's a flag too.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DS927 wrote:

I figure if they can figure out whether it is human or animal, they probably can determine if it's a flag too.

Turning off "all other motion" should get rid of the excess notifications but of course you would still get the unwanted recordings.

There are quite a few other cases of stuff it would be good to exclude - including moving tree branches, bushes, hung clothes, and shadows.  This is obviously one more.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's also the nature of the beast that would be difficult, if not impossible, to solve.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation