Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Wired doorbell quite warm when touched. Replacement wired doorbell is the same too

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rayzh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed an Arlo Essential wired doorbell recently. Everything seems to work fine except that it is quite warm when you touch the body. I talked to tech support. They sent me a replacement. The replacement works fine too but it is still quite warm. Is this normal or abnormal? Will this affect the life expectancy of the unit?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How much is the doorbell recording? Do you use zones to help reduce notifications? Not that I think it's an issue but what voltage is your transformer?

rayzh
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is not much of recording. I even disarmed the unit with nobody pushing the doorbell button, it is still the same warm. 18.2v before connecting the wires to the unit, 17.0 after connecting the wires to the unit. Ambient temperature is about 90 degrees F (in FL). Also tried both smart hub and router connections, the same warm.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't have a wired doorbell so can't compare but it may just be ambient temps that are tthe issue.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation