Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable
This isn’t really about any one camera. On the app (iOS) there is an orange dot on settings but I can’t seem to find what it’s for. There is nothing that is highlighted within the settings tab. I did just replace a doorbell camera. I have restarted the app and restarted the hub.
12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you seeing any message about activity zones when you click on the settings wheel for any of the cameras?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

no, none. There is nothing anywhere. I don't see the dot when looking on the website but only see it on the app and just since I reinstalled the new doorbell.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

no, none. There is nothing anywhere. I don't see the dot when looking on the website but only see it on the app and just since I reinstalled the new doorbell.

Usually when I see that dot, there is a message right below the camera name for one of the cameras.  Generally this is reminding me to set up activity zones, or warning me that the camera is in a new position and that I should check the existing activity zones.  

For instance:

activity.png

Retired_Member
Not applicable
There’s no activity zone alerts. I see those all the time. This is at the bottom of the app on “settings” and not on any specific camera.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Could it be that the arlo app has a new release version available?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:
There’s no activity zone alerts. I see those all the time. This is at the bottom of the app on “settings” and not on any specific camera.

Ok.  Are you also seeing orange dots next to Emergency Response or Call a Friend?

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I promise, like I’ve already said, I have gone through every single item and their sub-items and I can find nothing. I’m going to take it as it’s nothing, but the dot bugs me!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's all about notifying you that there's some emergency settings that could be set up (if you really want to). On my Android phone, I see Emergency Response and Call a Friend in the Arlo Smart section of Settings that also have that dot because I have never set them up (and have no intention of doing so). 

AwkwardArlo
Guide
Guide
I woke up this morning and all my cameras have an orange dot by their settings in the Arlo app. I checked the Activity Zones and resaved them just in case and the dots are still there. I'm guessing there was an update or what. This is affecting two Arlo Pro 3 cameras and one Arlo Video Doorbell. Any help would be appreciated.
AwkwardArlo
Guide
Guide

Nevermind. It randomly resolved itself. 

Poplar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also didn't see any message, just the orange dot on Device Settings, but nothing on any sub-menus, and nothing at all on the website. However, going down into the Activity Zones setting and making any sort of change (in some cases I really did need to make a change because the camera was moved at some point) and saving the zone removed the orange dot.

MRSAHAMBERG
Aspirant
Aspirant

This happend to me, I logged out and back in and it vanished. 

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation