Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Changing language for "Leaving Message" option

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SchizoSly
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a wired video doorbell and want to change language for "Leaving Message" option. It's in english and want it to be in french. I see the option to change the "quick reply" language but not the "Leaving Message" option. I've seen on an other thread that only you, the support, can change it for me. Help me please !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SchizoSly,

The cloud team has made an adjustment to your account that should have corrected this issue. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SchizoSly wrote:

I have a wired video doorbell and want to change language for "Leaving Message" option. It's in english and want it to be in french. I see the option to change the "quick reply" language but not the "Leaving Message" option. I've seen on an other thread that only you, the support, can change it for me. Help me please !

FYI, this is a user-to-user forum and not support.

To reach support, you need to go into the support area of the app.  Choose a camera/doorbell that is in a subscription plan, and then scroll down to "contact".  You should see a "phone" option there.

SchizoSly
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem of this other thread in the forum (https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Audio-Doorbell/Changing-language-for-quot-Leaving-Message-quot-no...). I've seen they solved their language problem. I've contacted the support and have a case number, but they only tell me how to change the "quick reply" and not the "leave a message". Is there someone who can help me ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SchizoSly wrote:

I have the same problem of this other thread in the forum (https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Audio-Doorbell/Changing-language-for-quot-Leaving-Message-quot-no...). I've seen they solved their language problem. I've contacted the support and have a case number, but they only tell me how to change the "quick reply" and not the "leave a message". Is there someone who can help me ?

I think the language for "leave a message" is determined when the camera is on-boarded (automatically taken from language the app is set to during the install).

The user therefore would have to remove the camera from the account, make sure the app is using the right language, and then onboard again.

If might be possible for Arlo to change this from the backend, but might not be something tier 1 support can do.  I'l tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS )  to see if they can help.

Definitely something Arlo should address, it should be possible to change the language completely with one control.

SchizoSly
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hope they will be able to help me because the support number I've call, here in canada, only want me to change my quick reply language. I've already told them that it didn't work.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SchizoSly,

I've escalated this over to the appropriate team and they are working on a resolution. I will provide you with an update as soon as I hear back.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SchizoSly,

The cloud team has made an adjustment to your account that should have corrected this issue. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

JamesC

SchizoSly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much ! You did it ! It work well. You did in one shot something the support on call, here in canada, wasn't able to do after 20 communication. Maybe can you add this option on the app or web site ?

Spiralis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem with my doorbell. It doesn't respond to changing the language from the app settings. I am trying to change it to Norwegianm using the Android Arlo app, version 3.5.13_28425
Is this still a known issue, something that support has to fix manually, or how do I proceed? I see that @JamesC fixed the issue for the original poster.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Spiralis,

I've forwarded your request to the appropriate team. I will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation