Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Wired Video Doorbell not working with mechanical chime

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Linsey
Aspirant
Aspirant

During setup the mechanical indoor chime worked. After setup was complete, the video doorbell seems to work correctly, but the indoor mechanical doorbell doesn't ring. When I remove the mechanical doorbell cover, the bell "plunger" moves slightly, but not enough to ring the bell?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Linsey wrote:

During setup the mechanical indoor chime worked. After setup was complete, the video doorbell seems to work correctly, but the indoor mechanical doorbell doesn't ring. When I remove the mechanical doorbell cover, the bell "plunger" moves slightly, but not enough to ring the bell?

Is the power kit installed?   Also have you checked the power kit switch (it should be in the "O" position - "X" is bypass, which bypasses the chime).

It could also be the transformer not being quite up to the task, but I'd check the power kit first.

Linsey
Aspirant
Aspirant

The power kit is installed and in the "o" position. I checked the transformer, and it is at 20 volts.

Is there a way to check the power kit? The video doorbell seems to work except for the indoor mechanical chime?

Thanks,

Linsey

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Linsey wrote:

Is there a way to check the power kit? The video doorbell seems to work except for the indoor mechanical chime?

You could briefly disconnect the power kit. If the chime doesn't buzz or continuously chime, you could test the doorbell without it.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation