Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
TheChachi
Guide
Guide

Hey, anyone else experiencing issues with notifications no longer working in IOS 16.2? I have an iPhone X and the latest Arlo App version. I tried all the Arlo recommended troubling shooting fixes to no avail. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22
halen74
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Is Arlo prepared to give Apple users a refund for their worthless cameras since notifications are not pushed any longer to apple devices?  What’s the point of a camera if I have to periodically check the app myself!!  Terrible product and worthless support. I WANT A REFUND
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks 

TheChachi
Guide
Guide

Yes, no notifications coming through.

cmarie11413
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue, but hey need to get this resolved ASAP

cmarie11413
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I think multiple people are having the same issue

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you still have push notifications selected under your camera rules? Is this affecting all devices? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@halen74

Are you still experiencing this issue with the notifications? Which device is the issue occurring on? May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

TheChachi
Guide
Guide

Yes, I have push notifications checked for all rules for all cameras and I am still not receiving any notifications for any of my cameras. This includes a doorbell camera, 3 Arlo Pro 2s and 1 Arlo Pro 4. I have also allowed all push notifications in my IOS Notification settings for the Arlo app. I have tried every suggested troubleshooting described in Arlo’s FAQs. What now?

cmarie11413
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have all notifications enabled. I had to delete my husband as a user in order to get notifications back on my phone.  We BOTH want access to the cameras and notifications so you all need to get this figured out.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did this occur after an update of the Arlo app? Is this occurring with a granted access user or Admin? 

TheChachi
Guide
Guide

I don’t recall if this coincided with an Arlo App update because my phone is set to auto update apps and I am the primary and only user of these cameras.

spspencer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using iOS 16.2.

I just bought into several Arlo packages. Have not been able to get them to work with notifications. The only thing I can do is use the website or app and manually turn on the cameras/doorbells. I don't see the point. I previously had a Ring and it worked fine.

I have 5 days left on my return window. Has this ever worked on iOS?

cmarie11413
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine happened as soon as I granted access to another user.  I gave him rights to all the cameras and as soon as I did that I stopped getting Al notifications.  In his end he couldn’t see the cameras at all.  So I just deleted him so at least I can get notifications.  

TheChachi
Guide
Guide

Notifications have worked great for the last ~5 years, until about a month ago.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do all of you have a granted access user added to your admin account? 

TheChachi
Guide
Guide

I do not have any granted access users.

rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have an iPhone X and several Arlo Cameras. On latest iOS. No issues with Notifications. I have not added the camera yet. Thinking of buying the Wired one mentioned here. Has this been sorted yet???

My main concern on buying it was any delays between a triggered event and getting the Notification and seeing Video of it. All strong internet numbers.

TheChachi
Guide
Guide

The notifications issue has not been resolved for me. Maybe this issue is not effecting enough users for them to bother doing anything about it. Would really love to get back my notifications. Kinda the whole point of these expensive cameras. 😔

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@TheChachi

Which Arlo app version are you currently running? 

Mustang196t8
Tutor
Tutor

My phone is an Android but maybe the IOS app is similar in settings?

I found a workaround/compromise for this issue (I still see this is a problem in 2023 - i just set up my Wired doorbell 2 days ago and gave access to a second account ("People") - and once I did that, neither of us got notifications - even if the doorbell was pushed.

I went into the "Settings" (person icon in upper left of app) - then went to "People", then clicked on the person I added at pressed "Allow Access Rights" to turn it OFF - "Audio and Video Doorbell Calls" is still ON. Once I did this, we both received notifications. I guess this will not allow second account to Share or Delete Recordings, but my main concern was the notifications. Hopefully this is the same or similar for Cameras as well (I only have a doorbell right now). 

I only installed the app and camera 2 days ago. I cleared cache, data on App. Deleted access to second account, re-added. Restarted Doorbell - still to no avail. I did no bother trying to update or delete/reinstall app since I just installed it 2 days ago. Went into all settings to make sure all notifications were allowed (on both phones). The only thing that restored notifications after adding a second account is what I described above.

Very sad this is a software issue that persists. Hopefully it will be fixed.

Hopefully this can help someone who is spending a LOT of time trying to fix this like I was.

Adamsj1990
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler

Go to routines and delete your devices from each mode then add them back. Worked for me.

rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am good now

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation