Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
fuzzcub
Aspirant
Aspirant
After firmware update on 1/29 version 1.14.0.0_436_2024c80_f57463b video doorbell on playback shows gray screen, with recorded audio. Live view is similar with black screen, but audio works. Problem appears with latest version of Arlo app on both Samsung Galaxy 8+ phone and Samsung S4 tablet. I've restarted both devices, the Wi-Fi and the doorbell but the problem persists.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Exia7891
Star
Star
Created an account just to chime in since I also encountered this exact issue. Video doorbell running same FW version as well.

I don't know what resolution you're running your doorbell at (I was at 1536x1536), but when I changed that to another resolution (1080x1080) live video and recorded video on 1080 started working. I switched it back over to 1536x1536 resolution and it resolved my issue. Live video and newly recorded content working again. I'd give that a shot and see if that works for you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fuzzcub,

Check your phones settings to make sure the correct permissions are enabled: 

For Android:
Navigate to phone “Settings”
Select “Apps”
Scroll down to “Arlo”
Ensure that the Arlo app has “Camera”, “Microphone” and “Phone” permissions granted

JamesC

fuzzcub
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion. I confirmed that those permissions are active. I have a video doorbell and two Pro 2 cameras.  The 2 cameras still display recordings and live video within the app.  The video doorbell did until the recent firmware update. I'm wondering if it is a codec issue related to the firmware update. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fuzzcub,

Are you using a VPN by chance? Take a look at this post: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/Answering-a-doorbell-ring-with-no-video-or-audio/m...

JamesC

fuzzcub
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I just turned off the VPN, but had the same result.  Which is live doorbell video shows a black screen, while I'm able to hear audio.  The two Pro 2 cameras still work fine with live video within the app. All 3 units had been working fine until this week. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fuzzcub,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

Exia7891
Star
Star
Created an account just to chime in since I also encountered this exact issue. Video doorbell running same FW version as well.

I don't know what resolution you're running your doorbell at (I was at 1536x1536), but when I changed that to another resolution (1080x1080) live video and recorded video on 1080 started working. I switched it back over to 1536x1536 resolution and it resolved my issue. Live video and newly recorded content working again. I'd give that a shot and see if that works for you.
fuzzcub
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exia7891that did the trick, thank you so much!  Everything is working again.

Funf
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've had this issue twice, the first time I resynced the doorbell, I just spent 30 mins with the chat tech, who wanted me to hard cycle the internet.

This worked for me. Changed the video resolution and BAM good to go.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation