Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
remarked
Tutor
Tutor

Just installed, and everything seems to work okay but one thing.

My Smarthub picked it up.
It's added to my devices
I can view video

My chime works.
I have latest firmware.
Voltage is great.

App permissions are on for phone- yes, camera - when in app, contacts - yes, mic - when in app.

However, when the doorbell rings, and I answer the call on my phone (Pixel 5, Android 11) the call answers then promptly  disconnects.

I've deleted the Arlo app, and reinstalled in. I've reset the doorbell using reset button and reinstalled it. Still same problem.

Screen video showing this happen can be found here

HELP!! Please. 

17 REPLIES 17
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you currently running? Have you installed the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.5.2?

kkoster15
Initiate
Initiate

Hi Shayne - do you have any other solutions to this issue (or at least an update)? I am having the same exact problem using the latest version of the app. Seems like it is a fairly common issue with no fix as of yet? Hopefully that changes soon, as this is disappointing for Arlo.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Retrax
Aspirant
Aspirant

where is the update on this?  I am having the exact same issue.  My doorbell worked just fine through the hub for ten months after I bought it then you guys changed something and the problems began. Phone tech had me switch it to 2.4 ghz. That worked for about a day then it would not connect.  I then changed SSD and was able to reconnect it to a new 2.4 connection ( it couldn’t find the first one any more).

After a day it too got disconnected and can not re connect to 2.4. Every time Arlo changes things it does nothing but cause problems with my cameras and doorbell. I am regretting spending $250 on a doorbell and another thousand on a camera system that has been nothing but one problem after another.

Retrax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today I removed the doorbell from the app, held the reset button in the back while also pressing and holding the front doorbell button ( something phone support previously suggested) held for one minute, then released and waited two minutes. I then held only the rear reset button for 20 seconds, released and waited another 2 minutes (this was the full reset sequence as suggested by tech support).

I then renamed my 2.4 g SSID without any dashes or special symbols and changed the password again. This time when I added the doorbell, I received a message indicating the doorbell was updating firmware and to wait up to 5 minutes. I had not previously received this message since initial installation about one year ago. After about 4 minutes, the install sequence continued successfully. Time will tell if this will be a long term solution because previous attempts (minus a firmware update) only had it working for a day or two.  I will report back.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Retrax

An update is coming soon that should resolve this issue. I will notify this thread as soon as it's released. 

Retrax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well the firmware update did nothing. I got kicked off 2.5 again without the ability to re-synch, so I reinstalled connecting to the hub in hopes that the doorbell firmware update would do something .  Nope, call immediately disconnects as usual. I will change my 2.4 SSID @ and password AGAIN and see if I can get it to install once more in hopes the update will help in that connection.

Retrax
Aspirant
Aspirant

I made the router changes on 2.4, deleted and reinstalled the doorbell. For some reason, I have to rename and change the password for the 2.4 connection each time I try to add the doorbell back in after deleting it. If I do not perform that step, the doorbell will not be found on the network.  It is working for now on the 2.4 network.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it won’t disconnect again so I don’t have to rename the network on 2.4 and add it back in repeatedly.

Retrax
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am adding these updates in order to help others and hopefully find a solution. The doorbell has disconnected yet again.  I have worked on this thing for two days now and I don’t know what else to check at this point. It simply does not work. I am right around the one year mark and will dig around to try and see if I can find my receipt. I highly doubt that a replacement will work though because this does not appear to be an isolated problem that others have not experienced.

Gentech
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue as others.  When will a "fix" be available?  Thank you.

remarked
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I should mention, mine now works!!

I didn't do anything nor as I'm aware anything has been updated. It simply just started working..

My app version is 3.5.3_28390

Retrax
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish mine did. I have the same app version. Nothing I do will fix it. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved. Please make sure to have the latest Firmware versions on your Arlo Video Doorbell, Smart Hub/Base station. You can find FW versions here: Arlo Firmware Versions

Retrax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! Mine finally works again, connected through the hub.

Gentech
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updates installed automatically and working again. Thanks.

asuirish
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed this thing. It worked the first couple of times but now I am getting the same issues these folks have been discussing. Android 11 on Samsung Note 20, 8 and 9. My main account and the 2 people I have given access to all have the same issues. In addition to the video just turning off after I answer, I also cannot hear any sound when I speak into my phone (yes I unmuted). The suggested responses will work. 

It also is hit or miss if it activates my Chime Box. I would say maybe 1 out of 4 rings, the chime box works. 

If I press the button, it will send notifications to all phones and my echo devices. 

Video and motion works great.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @asuirish

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation