Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Muffled heartbeat sound in audio background when viewing doorbell video camera, pulses approx 120hz

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Kevin0541
Follower
Follower

Getting constant muffled heartbeat background noise when viewing the camera mixed in with the normal outside sounds. It has a set frequency but 

1. Changed the brand new transformer out with another new one.

2. Changed everything to a different WIFI network.

3. Sound is present when viewing on iPad, in any Internet Browser or on phone in Arlo app.

Muffled heartbeat sound is roughly a perfect 120hz, definitely not 60hz.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you suspect a hardware problem, swap at the store.

debare
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got exactly the same problem with a brand new Arlo Video Doorbell - not sure how to fix it. Online support doesn't seem to know either.

uncorked22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hear it on ours also! My husband thought I was crazy, but it's a steady beat/thumping sound when the sound it turned up on my Android or Ipad.  

debare
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good news ... kinda ... I simply kept swapping out video doorbells - including a 'bad' RMA from Arlo Support. The third one I bought from Best Buy finally did the job perfectly - without any static or muffled noises. So the only thing I can suggest is to press Arlo Support hard to keep sending you - at their expensive - replacement video doorbells until you get one that works. It's an annoying solution but it worked for me. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation