Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I Keep being alerted to activity outside my zone

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PolarBear-72
Follower
Follower

Hi to all and hope everyone is safe amongst this covid craziness.  I wanted to kind of vent here.  I have been dealing with Arlo customer service since "May of 2020" before going into hospital to resolve video door ball issue.  Basically we have been going in circles almost every week or every other week and they keep asking for evidence about my router, app version on my droid, snapshots of my ARLO vid activity zones and plus videos.  What's happening is that I keep getting alerts all the time when a person walks or car drives on the road way way outside of the activity zone.  I have my zone so very small and my sensitivity to like below 10 percent.   They keep asking for more evidence and promising to escalate my issue.  I have abundance of patience but this is really crazy.  Their service is awful trying to resolve this .  All I asked was money back and I will switch to the Ring Video door bell as my friends say that works pretty good.  I am just overall upset of their service.  I have been in the IT industry since 1991 and not really a dummy when it come to these things. Them giving me a run around is pretty obvious at this point.  

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Retired IT here. I haven't seen this but do have a zone and much reduced sensitivity to reduce false triggers. I assume you've been through the remove and reinstall dance which generally clear out weirdnesses. Sometimes it's just a faulty device but if support won't replace your doorbell (have you insisted?) you have a choice as to how to replace it.

Is this connected to a base/hub or WiFi? There was just a new firmware release - verify you got it by looking in the Firmware Release Notes here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation