Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Mavic850R
Tutor
Tutor

Just installed the video doorbell in the uk. Got it to work with my existing chime and everything seems good. But there is a bush in the view that blows in the wind and triggers the camera.

ok, so set an activity zone to block out that part of the image. No. I don’t have an activity zone option.

go in to my devices, select the doorbell, press the gear in the bottom right corner and then select video settings but then there is no activity zone option to either create or modify?. So how do I set them up?

29 REPLIES 29
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LarryG23,

Check to make sure your doorbell is added to the active subscription. You can find this under Settings > Subscription > Manage Cameras. From there, make sure the doorbell is participating in a subscription plan.

JamesC

Aristos
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is on active subscription and still the activity zones are not shown at all.

On the other cameras as show and on the one that is on power you can change it

On the video doorbell is not shown at all - still up today.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aristos,

If your video doorbell has a subscription and you're still experiencing this issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Bettona
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fixed it myself so help from Arlo is not neccesary anymore.

Aristos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear James

I did ask the Support Team and I am write here the conclusion.

The activity zones are not active because they are not included on the basic subscription that I have. The basic subscription that I pay (not free one).

From my point of view this is a mistake by arlo, they must include that with out subscription at all because it in the interest of the Arlo - Arlo can gain bandwidth and disk space on their servers - with other words can save money because less disk space will be used if users limits the video that capture !

Also the activity zones must be part of the hardware check - not a cloud base check to be faster and not use any internet at all - 

This is an issue that Arlo as company must see because he is losing more money than the one they try to get from this option - I do not even believe how this let it happened, not include  the zones an the basic subscription....

anyway, thank you for the replay 

Aristos.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation