Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Has anyone been able to connect doorbell to dual band router?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlo4523
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have Arlo wireless camera and their base stations which work well. However, I'm trying to instal a wired door bell and it can't be found. I have a dual band router though Spectrum that automatically puts our 2.4 and 5 ghz and there is no way to make them separate networks - the router automatically used the best option. Is there any workarounds / hacks to get them camera to be found? I would really rather not return it - but I can't get it to connect. Is there there anything I can do? Has anyone done this. (I assume my iPhone is connected to 5 ghz and there is no way to make it connect to 2.4. Hoping someone can help me get it to work. Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why not sync it to your base?

Arlo4523
Aspirant
Aspirant
I select the base when setting it up but it still doesn't find it. I think it still has to use your phone to connect the first time.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That may be a bad doorbell then. Try using the reset procedure listed in the doorbell FAQ here in the support section by holding the button for >10 seconds. You may need to swap at the store.

Arlo4523
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hmm, are you sure the device doesn't have to use the Internet for the first set up? I was under the impression it did.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your phone or computer must be on your home network (no VPN) so you can communicate with the doorbell. As it's set up Internet connection is needed to complete the addition to your account. So, yes, Internet access is needed but initially it's the home network that's needed. Your phone needs to be able to connect to both the doorbell and the servers.

Arlo4523
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. My phone is connected to the internet. The issue is that I can't manually make my iPhone connect to the 2.4 ghz network on my router. I believe it is connected to 5ghz. My Arlo base station is an older one and from what I understand I have to have a newer one to make it work.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they have suggestions.

rio_grande2
Aspirant
Aspirant

My router has an option to disable the 5ghz signal. I did that while I set up the doorbell and then turned it back on. Seems to be working.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation