Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell installation problem - angle wedge and screw head does not sit flush

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
SecuringMyHouse
Follower
Follower

Since I am unable to get support to help me with the situation. I hope I can share my experience here and potentially get some help from others experiencing the same problem.

Problem #1: If you use the angle/wedge bracket which I do, then the screw head will not sit flush with the screw hole of the mounting bracket because the hole is at an angle and not perpendicular to the screw. Due to this problem, the doorbell will not snap in place because the raised screw head is blocking it. Please see picture.

Problem #2: If you mount it without angle bracket then the screw head would sit flush. However, given the design of the doorbell, there is not a lot of room in between the doorbell and the mounting bracket for the copper wires to bend so it is still difficult to snap the doorbell into position.

In my view this design flaw ruining an otherwise good doorbell which I really wish to keep.

5 REPLIES 5
elw-757
Aspirant
Aspirant
The bottom screw was not flush during original mounting, so lip of bottom catch on unit is now distorted just enough preventing it to catch. I have no solution.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they will send you a new mount.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Looks like you could take a drill bit the size of the screw head and countersing that screw just a little.

alxinwonderland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, without angle wedge—i.e., even with the screw tight and perfectly flush. You'd think they left enough space to allow you to connect the very same wires they included in the package; instead the tiny, thick black cables probably are too thick. Right now my doorbell is attached only through the top screw, which makes it very easy for anybody who wants to steal it to yank it and take it away.

rio_grande2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. I used a Dremel tool to route out a tiny divot at the point of contact. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation