Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jastilley
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had three Arlo cameras and an audio doorbell on the legacy default plan which allowed access to 7 days free recording. I installed an Arlo wired video doorbell recently and it came with a three month trial of the Arlo Secure plan. My trial just ended and now it appears I have no recordings for any of the Arlo cameras and doorbells. Why is nothing recording now for my legacy devices? And do I have to have a subscription plan for the video doorbell to record????!
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera newer than the Pro 2, as of 2018, requires a subscription. That's why you got the 3 month trial but now you need a single camera subscription to get cloud recordings.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jastilley wrote:
I had three Arlo cameras and an audio doorbell on the legacy default plan which allowed access to 7 days free recording. I installed an Arlo wired video doorbell recently and it came with a three month trial of the Arlo Secure plan. My trial just ended and now it appears I have no recordings for any of the Arlo cameras and doorbells. Why is nothing recording now for my legacy devices? 

FWIW, you should still be getting the 7-day storage for the legacy cameras.  There is a limit of 5 unsubscribed cameras per account - but you don't appear to reached that yet, unless you have more cameras than your earlier post suggests.

Jastilley
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the reply! I was out of town when I posted this and apparently had no activity that triggered the legacy cameras to record. (Usually I’ve always had something…a car driving by, animal moving, kid riding bike, etc…that triggered the cameras! I’m glad they are still recording. If I subscribe to get recordings for the one video doorbell, will that single subscription impact the free recordings available on the legacy cameras??
Jastilley
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the reply! The timing of my trial ending coincided with me being out of town. Apparently I just had no activity for those days that triggered the legacy cameras to record!! Usually I’ve always had something that triggered the cameras so I made the incorrect assumption that the lack of recordings was due to the trial ending!!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation