False alerts on wired doorbell camera

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
LouA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today I have been receiving many false alerts on my wired video doorbell.  I will get an audio warning but there is nothing and nothing is going to the library.

It is working and recording fine when there is a valid alert but the multiple false alerts are becoming annoying.

I have shrunk my activity zones to almost nothing and I still get the false alerts.

This same thing happened a few weeks ago but was resolved by Arlo.  Just wondered if this was the same problem. 

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, check your Smart Alert settings and be sure "All other motion" is toggled off. Test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

You can find this setting within your Arlo account under Settings > Smart Notifications > select the desired camera > toggle off "All Other Motion"

JamesC

11 REPLIES 11
Adam17
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been having the same problem, getting non-stop notifications every 30 seconds today since 7:30 am UTC-0400 this morning.  Last time this happened, Arlo said that it's being caused by motion being detected outside my Activity Zones.  This makes sense since I live next to a busy street, and there are vehicles and pedestrians going by all the time in the edge of my camera's view, but those should be excluded by my Activity Zones.

Can anyone from Arlo please investigate if there's an issue with the backend web service that generates the notifications?  Was there a recent software deployment?

markallebradley
Initiate
Initiate

I am not sure about others but, the customer/technical support their staff needs training. There appears to be problems with alerts coming to the mobile device, laptop, etc. But, nothing is coming to the library for videos. This is a security issue. Talking with via the BOT (useless) then trying via chat and even a live person after an hour of asking me repeated questions, telling them all the troubleshooting I have done prior to calling (restarting, uninstalling the app and reinstalling, resetting up the doorbell, even removing the doorbell and setting it up from scratch) 1 hours and it went nowhere asking me to do the same things I already did. 

Needless to say I ended the call

Has anyone had this bad a support experience from Arlo? 

Does someone from senior management review these posts for areas of improvement?

Needless to say I know I am only one customer and I don't matter  but, this is the 4th bad support experience  with Arlo support and I will be cancelling my account and going to a different company that's more reliable

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're currently investigating these reports. I will provide more information as soon it becomes available.

JamesC

CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Happening again. Motion alerts, but no recordings. Please advise. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, check your Smart Alert settings and be sure "All other motion" is toggled off. Test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

You can find this setting within your Arlo account under Settings > Smart Notifications > select the desired camera > toggle off "All Other Motion"

JamesC

ryanjfox
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why would this setting suddenly stop respecting Activity Zones?
Adam17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Disabling the "All Other Motion" smart alert does successfully work around the issue for now.  Can you please advise when that can be reenabled so I can continue to receive alerts for motion within my Activity Zones?

CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Me too, please.

vandude15
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. It’s been going on for some time. I reset the doorbell with no luck. Alerts with no recordings. Please resolve.
Fiorentina10
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes! The exact same thing has happened to me. I’ve even disconnected and reinstalled the doorbell. Regardless, I continue to receive these annoying false positives. Started yesterday.
And When I click on my iPhone alert/badge, there is nothing there. And if I do click on the notification, the video is blank.

Even as I WRITE THIS POST, I’ve received at least 4 notifications.

Arlo, please respond to one of these posts and acknowledge this is an issue. It’s driving me nuts.

Thanks
LouA
Aspirant
Aspirant
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation