Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell stopped working. Slow flashing white. Cannot connect as new device

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ndoab
Guide
Guide
Doorbell just stopped working and would not show as connected on my devices.
Removed the device and then tried to reconnect as new device. Unit just had slow flashing white light. Device never found.
Disconnect power to device for 2 days and then reconnected power. Unit still unable to connect and has slow flashing white light.
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the reset procedure as noted in the FAQ here? Hold the button for >10 seconds until the ring starts flashing and try reconnecting.

ndoab
Guide
Guide

Yeah have tried to hold the button in for ages.

If i hold the button on it flashes once and then just stops flashing all together  after 10 seconds and does nothing no matter how long I hold it in.

How do you get a warranty replacement on arlo gear. It is incredibly convoluted as support just takes you to community area.

ndoab
Guide
Guide

I had the exact problem. I thought the reset was holding the main button down for 10-15 seconds but popped it out and found the small pin reset between the power connection tabs.

Held that in for 15s and it seemed to reset and I was able to set a new device on the system.

On a side note, the doorbell has lost its chime but still has the voice etc.

How do I reset my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@ndoab wrote:

How do you get a warranty replacement on arlo gear. It is incredibly convoluted as support just takes you to community area.

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation